Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2008 10:00

How to Cancel an Order?

I need to cancel my order and there is no information on the Dell Customer Service webpage, and though their webpage says Customer Service hours are Mon.- Sun. 8am - 9pm CT, I keep either getting a message that they are closed or my call is transferred & hung-up.  It really seems like Dell is preventing customers from being able to cancel orders - which though it might be good for their business, it's a very bad customer experience and will make me question buying from Dell again.

So how can I cancel an order?  I've read that if you don't do it ASAP, then they might not let you cancel it, and instead you have to return it with restocking fees.  Well, I tried to cancel my order almost immediately and after a couple of hours I'm still not successful.

Thanks,

Mark

4.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2008 08:00

Keep trying, now that it is Monday.  You MUST cancel the order with a "customer service" rep; can't do it online or by e-mail.

December 23rd, 2008 13:00

Hi MarkF786,

Please send me a private message with your order number, I am happy to check the status.   If your order has not shipped we may be able to cancel the order. 

Thank you,

January 9th, 2009 07:00

Hi

I placed the order for Inspiron 1525 online. for tracking the order, the Dell site is giving different date of delivery whenever the previous mentioned delivery date comes. their customer care people says its still in manufacturing, i got an email from Dell that its in custome cleasrance and my reseller is saying once the strike of traport get over in india, The very next day it will get delivered.

Can someone give me the exact date of delivery OR should i cancel my order and purchase it from Retial shop? is there any cancel order system online. Any chat help.

Plz someone help me, I curse myself for placing online order!!!!!!!!!!!:emotion-39:

1 Message

January 18th, 2009 20:00

I placed an order today sunday jan 18,I paid with my dell card,after ordering I noticed the cart had charged me for 2 computers,I forgot to delete the previous computer I did not want off the cart,now I have an order for 2 and charged double,its sunday and dell is closed,what should I do,Is thi going to be a problem to cancel one of these since it was a mistake,john

5 Posts

February 8th, 2009 09:00

I am having the same problem.  My order isn't to ship until Feb 13.  When I called support they refused to cancel the order.  They said they must ship the item, then I should send it back.  I have already ordered another computer through Dell.. (so they didn't lose any business) 

If you can please help me.  I ordered a XPS m1330 and decided on the Studio XPS 13...a little bit more money..but seems worth it.  Right now both computers are in the "production phase"

Please help me cancel the M1330

5 Posts

February 9th, 2009 11:00

It seems that persistence is the only solution.  A number of emails and a 6 phone calls, I finally get someone that says "sure, I will do that for you" .  All week Dell support had explained it is against policy to cancel, and now somebody listens.  The 15% restocking fee is too tempting a revenue to let go of easily.  My complaint is now resolved, not with out some new gray hairs and hours spent.  Can't wait to get my new Studio XPS 13. 

February 20th, 2009 07:00

I am faced with a similar issue.  I placed an order on 1/31 with a delayed ship date of 2/16.  On 2/16, I received an email stating that the order was again delayed and would ship on 3/16.  I just called to cancel the order and the rep said I couldn't.  I asked to speak with a manager and she told me to reply to the email notification to cancel.

Does anyone really understand the steps to cancel an order?

Please advise.

Thanks!

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2009 01:00

They do not let you cancel an order. DELL says they cannot cancel the order. DELL is interest in the restocking fee. All that I know is the economy is very bad and sales must be down, if DELL wants to  remain in the arena it better get an improved customer support section. GM was once king off the road.

1 Message

March 17th, 2009 11:00

3-17-09

I ordered a Mini 9 from Dell's "10 day deals", very late on Saturday 3-14-09 I want to cancel it, as it is not configured correctly. I called customer support at 800-624-9897 on Monday 3-16 and they told me the order is "locked" in production cycle and they can't do anything about it! It is not supposed to ship until April 6th. They the only way was to wait until it arives in April, call in and get a RMA approval # and return it. They forgot to note any restocking fees?

This is crazy; how can they be so inflexible as to not be able to cancel it immediately.

Help! I hope if someone reads this from the DELL factory they can remedy this, as the results won't be good for anyone!!!

1 Message

April 19th, 2009 18:00

Hello

I am facing problem with the cancellation of my order . I didn't find that any where in the site

CAn anyone please help me with that

3 Posts

The biggest problem with Dell is cancelling the order once it hits production forget it!!!, it's on it's way. The only time to cancel is preproduction which is about 10 min. after your order.

b

14.4K Posts

sairishi

please remove your personal info that is a violation of the TOS

This is a user to user forum so no one from Dell checks this.

If you need to cancel you will need to CALL Customer Service. theres is no other way

May 14th, 2009 20:00

Hi Debbie I Like to cancel my order, so i'd be glad if you can can cancel my order . Thank you so much.

Order Number: <ADMIN NOTE: Order Number removed per privacy policy>

Hi Debbie I Like to cancel my order, so i'd be glad if you can can cancel my order . Thank you so much.

Order Number: <ADMIN NOTE: Order Number removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Debbie NO longer cancels orders, because of her workload.

You will need to call Dell and cancel the order yourself.

I really need to spell better! :emotion-9:

No Events found!