Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2008 05:00

I am tearing my hair out:(

I ordered an XPS™ 730 around 7 weeks ago.. I needed it 2 weeks after I ordered it.. I have several things coming up that I need it for - but if it does not arrive by 5th Dec I will have missed everything I needed it for and may as well cancel (no point in paying over £4000 for something that is no longer needed).

Is there anyway to get through to anyone that is not a robot.. spewing out the same lies time and time again? Four CS people told me it was completely built 3 weeks ago and would be with me in a few days.. Now everyone I speak to says 'you will have it next week' but erm that has been going on for weeks now:(

Just one of the promises:

Hi.. Please can you double check that my order will be sent out today.. I have just checked the status page and they have changed the delivery date to 25th Nov.. This had better be an errorSad smile emoticon

Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:57 AM

To:

Subject: RE: Contact Details.

Dear Mrs. ...,

The system will be out of the factory today.

Next two working days and the system will be with you.

By Monday, the system will be there with you.

Regards,

Pratyusha.

If they had been honest the first time they put back the delivery date I would still have had time to cancel and order a new PC from another reliable company - but now they have taken my money sometime ago and I do not have time to reorder:(

Dell Customer Services stink.. never again will I order from Dell and I will ensure that nobody I knows orders from them either..

November 19th, 2008 06:00

Sadly, I do not have time to cancel and re-order from a company that gives a toss. They took my money some weeks ago and I simply do not have another £4000 sitting around to pay again and wait for dell to repay me:( By the time they refunded me, everything that I needed the higher spec PC for will be over.

Had they been honest in the first place I would have had that option. *sighs*

799 Posts

November 19th, 2008 06:00

Hello BarbarellaF, Sorry to hear of this issue with your order. You seem to have fallen into the syndrome of DRA (Dell Run Around). This is a common practice used by Dell, whether intended or otherwise, but it still exist. I too, have been a victim of this syndrome. There seems to be no solution to correct this. The more you inquire, the more you will be told different promises that are never fulfilled. My suggestion would be cancel the order and purchase a system that will ship when ordered within a resaonable amount of time. Dell does have reasons for delayed shipping, but you are not privlidged to the reasons.

799 Posts

November 19th, 2008 07:00

I must tell you that the word that got deleted was not a curse word or any derogatory word aimed at Dell or anyone else. It was just a very common word used in normal conversation. I could list it here, but it would just get deleted. I am at a loss as to why Dell, in their infinite wisdom, felt it necessary to delete this word. But, when I stop and look at the complete Dell Business Model, I am at a loss to understand that also.

November 19th, 2008 07:00

Lol.. well at least you made me laugh which is more than been able to at anything to do with dell over the past few weeks :)

What I do know tho.. is that after several top of the range PC and laptops for me.. and others for my kids.. I will never order from them again.. Shame I love the PCs but if they don't give a fig (wonder if fig will be deleted lol) abou their customers, they do not deserve our money.. will spend it with a company that does care in future.

806 Posts

November 19th, 2008 08:00

no, it's profanity. that's why it's filtered and you had to change out letters with characters to get it to post.

OK have removed the employees name but that word could hardly be called profanity?? it is a legitimate word..

806 Posts

barbarella - it's true, profanity is a violation of the terms of service of this site, as is posting employee full names and contact info. if you do not edit your posts for these violations, they will be removed.

good luck with your situation with dell.

1 Message

November 19th, 2008 09:00

This is why I do not deal with anyone's Customer Disservice department.  They are nothing but policy wonks whose job it is to placate you or to keep you off the back of someone who can actually help you.

When I have a real problem with a company, I always go straight to the president of said company.  If you can find the company's Investor Relations page (which would have been tough in your case, since you didn't have your computer!) you should be able to find the name and address of their president.  Call or write him/her directly, explain your problem, and what you want them to do about it.  You'd be surprised how much more quickly they will act when President Overpaid actually has to deal with the problem! 

November 19th, 2008 09:00

Yes I'm sure that would be more effective.. only having read another thread here where even US customers get immediately redirected to India with any dell # I doubt that ringing anyone would get to the person who can actually do anything..

November 20th, 2008 13:00

I just had to say (cos I like good news too lol) that WOOT.. my PC is being delivered tomorrow!! Friday.. yes!!

No Events found!