Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 25th, 2010 19:00

I purchased a worthless warranty from a terrible company (I'm talking about Dell.)

So I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop that I use for school. I paid extra and purchased the warranty so that if there was a problem I could get it fixed on site and not be without my computer for three weeks. I already had to have the motherboard swapped out last year because of the recurring blue screen of death and other problems. Since then I have had a couple of cosmetic problems crop up. The DVD drive plastic casing fell off (It's held on by a flimsy piece of plastic). Two USB ports went out on one side. A 7 key broke. No big deal, but I still have a warranty, so I elected to get these issues fixed. I called Dell and got their barely understandable tech support. They took control of my computer and tried to fix the problem. When she was done, she had fixed nothing, but managed to disable the VGA port, make my mouse hypersensitive(so I can't type anything without the cursor constantly moving. I've had to go back and fix this message ten times since I started it), and disable the scroll function of my mouse. That's how they fixed my computer!!!??? 
So the site tech shows up (late, of course). I tell him about the other problems and even though he had no problem being on the phone with Dell the whole time, he wouldn't get the extra problems attached to the same ticket. He opens it up and sees two stripped screws and one broken screw. Remember the guy who came last year to replace my motherboard. That guy broke the screws, didn't say a word about it, and closed it up. When the tech today opened my computer he saw the broken screws, claimed there was no way he could fix it, and blamed me for them being broken. That's right. He said I broke them. I told them the idiot they sent out here last year must have broke them, but he didn't believe me. 
So I get a call from Dell, while the tech is here, and they agree to do a system exchange where I get a refurbished computer, transfer my files, then send the old one back. Totally acceptable. I don't care how stupid their tech is so long as my computer eventually works. So the tech guy installs a new keyboard to replace that 7 key I mentioned earlier. I am not joking. I sit down to start typing this message and the whole computer is bowed out. I don't know if he left something inside my machine or what, but he completely screwed up the only thing he tried to do. I mean it is visibly bowed out so that to turn the computer on you physically have to press the button down below the surface of the computer. Unbelievable. 
Then, as soon as the tech gets in his car to drive away, I get another call from Dell. This time to tell me that they are not going to do the system exchange now because they think there is obvious abuse to my computer. The reason for this is that the VGA ports and mouse don't work and, by the way, there was a broken screw inside!!! Did you hear me??!! Are you getting this?? They broke my computer four different ways. Five if you include the keyboard. And then had the gall to accuse me of breaking my computer. They broke my computer five different ways then blamed it on me and threatened to void my warranty. The phone tech made an oral agreement with me to do a system exchange and then unilaterally revoked that agreement. That sounds like breach of contract to me. And oh yeah, they denied ever sending out a tech last year to fix my computer. They are pretending it never happened. They lied to my face. 
Then to finish off, the manager said he would be happy to get legal on the phone to talk with me. After all this, he decided he would like to hide behind his lawyers. 
This is by far the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. I wouldn't buy a Dell to use as a paperweight. There service people are bad at their jobs, their phone people are unintelligible and rude, and their machines are garbage. I've had mine for two years and I can't count the problems on two hands. You might as well take your thousand dollars and flush it down the toilet. 
I HATE DELL!!!!!!!!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 26th, 2010 07:00

Worthlesswarranty,

Sorry you are having problems with your computer.  If you could contact me by private message, just click on my name in blue, then on the next page click on the envelope icon that says "send message", I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!