Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2009 12:00

Inspirion battery

I aplogize if this question has already been asked and answered--feel free to direct me to another post, but it's much simpler (SINCE THERE IS NO WAY TO SEARCH THIS FORUM--ANY POSSIBILITY THAT COULD BE ADDED?) to post a new msg than search 300+ that are not organized.

My battery life is mostly gone, and I'm planning on keeping the computer rather than upgrading. Should I buy a new battery?  Just keep the laptop plugged in all the time? If I bought a new battery is there any possibility I could get a warranty? Any suggestions? (PS...A few months ago the battery light started blinking red/amber and green.)

Also, would you recommend getting it refurbished and renewing a warranty...would that allow me to get a new battery?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 19th, 2009 12:00

Extended warranties do not cover batteries - these are 12 months regardless of any extension on the warranty.  No major manufacturer covers batteries for longer than a year - not even Apple, despite its claims their new (non-removeable) ones will last five years.

4.6K Posts

December 20th, 2009 09:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Parts People are worth checking for a replacement battery - if only to compare their asking price, against how much Dell are asking.

Just select whatever specific model it is you have from those listed, to be taken to the appropriate battery page.

Bearing in mind that Parts People prices include delivery, you *could* end up saving quite a few $$ :emotion-55:

No Events found!