Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2009 12:00

Latest Community Update 5/6/09

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you an overview of our latest update that was pushed on 5/6/09. This update was not as large as some of the previous ones. As many of you know in a previous update we lost the Start a Conversation button on user's profiles. That button has been restored. Other update items include:

• Wikis - Moving inappropriate content to a forum
  • Media Gallery - Lock Aspect Ratio when resizing images
  • Forum thread navigation in Groups
  • Wiki Previews

Part of the update also included items that will get us ready for the larger update that will happen in the fall.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 7th, 2009 13:00

Hi, Dell-Gina Q.

As you must have noticed, the new 'update' has also, given the forum a smaller font, can this be changed to a larger font, to avoid giving us eyestrain.    :emotion-5:

Bev

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 7th, 2009 14:00

Hi, Dell-Gina Q.

As you must have noticed, the new 'update' has also, given the forum a smaller font, can this be changed to a larger font, to avoid giving us eyestrain.    :emotion-5:

Bev

Agreed, this was one of the major complaints members had when the new-look forums were first introduced :emotion-15:.

Best regards,

14.4K Posts

May 7th, 2009 17:00

5 hrs to fix wikis????? 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 7th, 2009 19:00

Gina,

I tend to agree. The font size is very small. I may have to get my glasses changed soon! :emotion-11:

A track/untrack this thread button would be nice for each thread.

Still keeping our fingers crossed for the colapsable tree on every page.

Cannot compare revision 2 with revision 5 in the Wiki's, it doesn't highlight it anymore. Wiki's, I hope, will be cleaned out and only the helpful information will stay.

Rick

2.3K Posts

May 7th, 2009 22:00

My start a conversation button is back and so is my activities. The font needs to be enlarged, but also made as dark as it was before.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

May 8th, 2009 09:00

So far, so good. :emotion-21:

My Send a Message for Private Conversations with Friends is labeled "Send a" but it works now, so I know what it means. New members may not.

The first post in a thread is still coming up at the top of each page -- rather bothersome when scrolling through logs which should be showing sequential changes.

Other than that everything else looks good. The font size is not a problem for me, and the font color I'm seeing is dark grey in threads and black in replies and previews..  I use Firefox No-Squint Add-on at 110 - 115% for Dell.

Keep up the good work.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 8th, 2009 17:00

Speedy fix regarding the font size, Thanks Gina and team :emotion-5: :emotion-2:.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 8th, 2009 18:00

Gina.

My eyes say, thank you, for the font fix.     :emotion-49:     :emotion-21:

Bev.

2.3K Posts

May 8th, 2009 19:00

Thanks for fixing the font size and darkening the words.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 9th, 2009 02:00

Gina,

Thank you. Now I can hold off on getting my eyes examined.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 11th, 2009 06:00

Gina,

I forgot to mention, Favorites still will show only three and there is no way to view the one you saved, other than the three that shows. Need to be able to view them all, maybe with a button, like the private conversations has.

Rick

No Events found!