Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2009 15:00

My Order Delayed by one month

I ordered a dell 430 with expected delivery date 10 14. Delevery expected tomorrow 15th May. I was please with just one day to go. Just got an email sayin due to excessive demand your delivery date is delayed. New delivery date 15th June. What a disappointement. Can I cancel? If I was told it would take  more than six weeks to get a pc I would not have ordered it. When did they realise they were getting to many order? 1 day to go then they let me know.  I have been checking my order status and nothing then BAM. I think there is deception here. Can I cancel my order? Surely it was not in production in the beginning, can they get away with this surely been lied to. I don't think I will buy anything from this company again.

REally REally disppointed.

mappyman

9 Posts

November 8th, 2009 11:00

I first order my Laptop XPS 1645 Oct. 1, 2009. The delivery date was Nov. 5, 2009. Incredible, 5 weeks, but I was able to live with that delay. On Nov. 5, 2009, Dell has CANCELED my order. I was kind of frustrated, at first, but then, I felt somekind of relieved and free from this Dell infinite delays.

On the day after, Dell has reactivated my order and now it is scheduled for December 7, 2009. I now feel an hostage from Dell. When this nightmare will ends.

It's kind of sad, as I bought, in the past, something like 7 computer systems from Dell. Never had a problem and the delivery was incredibly fast. From now on, I will think twice before ordering from Dell again.

Just wanted to share my story too.

5 Posts

November 8th, 2009 15:00

Let me update my situation.  It has been prolonged for another month to December 12.  This will make it 3 months from the time I ordered this laptop.  They told me the current video card is not compatible with Window 7.   They went ahead and canceled my initial order and created a new order and threw in additional 2 gigs of memory for my laptop.  

5 Posts

November 9th, 2009 06:00

This morning, 11/09/09, I received the Email informing me of the second delay of my order to November 19.  The Email said I had to either autherize Dell to continue to complete the order, or it would be cancelled.  They gave an Email address to respond to.  I responded and autherized the full order ID be cancelled.  That is to say, the delayed order for the Laptop was to be cancelled and Dell was to accept back the optical disk drive/reader, carrying case and wireless mouse they had already sent to me with different order numbers but under the same order ID as the laptop.  They are to refund to my credit card all charges that have been made, and indeed, I am going to contact the credit card company and stop payments to Dell.

We'll see where this goes, I don't have a lot of warm fuzzy feelings about a clean end to this.

5 Posts

November 9th, 2009 12:00

I have to add that when I checked "My Account" this afternoon, the order for the Mini 10 had been cancelled. I called the 800 number for order help, and got a very helpful lady.  I have return codes and labels for the early received parts of my order.  Tomorrow I'll deliver them to UPS for free shipment back.

The proof of the pudding is when the money is refunded.  We'll see.

6 Posts

November 10th, 2009 12:00

Wow I'm in shock at how many people are having issues with Dell.  My order has been delayed countless times... cancelled, then a new order.  Placed an order back in Sept. and its now Nov and I still haven't gotten my PC.  I'm being told I wont see it until Dec, but the sales rep told me they would rush the order so I had it within 16 days. Guess he wasn't being honest...

Here was my original post... happy to see I'm not alone but saddened that others are as frustrated as I am.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19303584/19586367.aspx

5 Posts

November 10th, 2009 16:00

I have long respected Dell.  I and family members have Dell computers and have been pleased with the products and with our interactions with Dell in the past.  I really do hope some of the Dell executives are reading these forums to understand the issues we are or have experienced.  It's really sad.  We all benefit when we have a number of good companies competing and to see a good company give these experiences is distressing. 

My delivered peripherals went out on UPS today back to Dell, I guess I just don't have your patience, Sean, and there has been no encouragement in these forums to hang in there.

1 Message

I too having been informed it will be a month before I see my laptop.

What happened to Dell.?

I can't get anyone that speaks English well enough to be of any help on the phone and when they don't hang up from their own frustration I get a tranfer then a message saying it is not business hours (MID DAY NO LESS).

I'm done with Dell and if they don't answer my request for status in 24 hours I'm cancelling my order.

11 Posts

I just had to add to this pile of posts.  I ordered a XPS 1645 with i7 720QM on 9/25/09 (a couple days after the i7 hit the market for Dell).  Ship date was 10/26.  On 10/22 they split the order and shipped my mouse.  The order date went to 10/22 with delivery 11/18.  On 11/9 I spoke to rep who assured me that the order wouild be delivered by 11/18.  I checked status on 11/10 (and get this, I just talked to them yesterday) and I have a new order date of 11/9 with a ship date of 12/8.  This is about 2 1/2 months.  I just love group therapy.  Yes, I've had all the same conversations with sales reps who read from the automated prompt and so on....all lies.  I run a small business with 3 locations.  We use Dell servers for everything, dell desktops and laptops at all locations, I have a couple desktops and one laptop for home use, and three of my family members use Dell.  I've never experienced anything like this.  So much for customer loyalty.  Being business minded I've learned two things.....in manufacturing when house keeping goes so does your productions, and when customer sales and support goes so does your business.  Now Dell may be a billion dollar company with 70,000 to 80,000 workforce, but I can guarantee their stock will take a hit in the next year from things like this.....

62 Posts

November 10th, 2009 23:00

I love seanHCE's tags, I did manage to cancel my order and I'm waiting for them to refund my money. I'm also waiting for my new machine from MESH which is also delayed because of the two Ati 5850's which seem to be rarer than the preverbial rocking horse droppings at the moment. But the delay is only a few days and with good reason not the 2 month wait I had with DELL. I would just be having another month stuck on right about now since it was due on the 17th of this month. Ive heard DELL is going to move away from producing machines themselves and pay for other companys to make them in there name. Good idea DELL your name is not worth a cent.

7 Posts

November 11th, 2009 04:00

Why not order without the Ati 5850's and get them from New Egg which has them in stock?

62 Posts

November 11th, 2009 05:00

Hi Rich1k

The irony here is that I worked making and repairing PC's for nearly 20 years and yes I should have just built the thing myself. I did reconsider this before placing an order with MESH but the whole point was that I'm unwell and just wanted a gaming machine to while away the boring days one must endure when confronted by chronic illness. The whole thing has made me much worse with the worry and stress and now nearly 4 grand out of pocket and still no machine. Its no wonder the world is in recession when companies just grab peoples money then are not concerned about providing the service they promise. Its a wonder anyone dares to allow money out of there banks. I cant say send the machine without the cards lol but I have honestly thought about it and keep track of the 5850's stock arriving a disappearing from the major outlets and think they must have them by now.

62 Posts

November 11th, 2009 07:00

Thanks for the kind words. Your so right about the components. I built a comparable machine to the one I'm paying £1800 from MESH on the DELL site and the price was close to £4000. I also did a price check to see what it would cost me if I built it myself and they cant be making very much. I know the cases from MESH are not has robust has those from DELL but all the components are named stuff. My laptop has an ati 4350. DELL offered me an XPS 8000 instead of an XPS 730I lol, they expected me to accept an £800 machine because they couldnt provide the one I paid £1750 for without any money back. Thats DELL always trying to take advantage.

17 Posts

November 11th, 2009 08:00

well here we are 13 days since i emailed dell , 9 days since they replied

Costs incurred by me to get the pc working

Powercable (free from work)

Keyboard £16.99

Mouse £13.99

Travel to and from the nearest shop stocking keyboards and mice : £8.50 in bus fares

thats just the direct charges outside of what i paid dell for the incomplete product i was sent , Advised 3-5 days for the peripherals to be sent , no joy , called dell to be told i was outside of dsr even though i waited at their advice.

2 months of calls and emails

Total call charges trying to deal with dell £21.96 + time spent

Current refund 0.00

Yep as you can guess having a bad time , phoned them today and will admit i hung up when they passed me between 5 departments and the final agent could not understand me , I'm an English teacher so i know it was not myself. money spent on this failed time £4.96.

so dell now have 24 hours before they are outside of the provided timescale. still unhappy it took just shy of 2 months for the peripherals to be sent and the agents today saying the charges were my fault for being impatient ..........

5 Posts

November 12th, 2009 08:00

Well I got a follow up.. this is the email.  My order is scheduled to be delivered Dec 12 which is a 3 month order.

I have been working with the production team and the factory to have your order done sooner and I am glad to inform you, the new order# xxxxxxx is in the final stages of production and will ship in about three days I shall keep you informed with the same.

Also, I have been working with the Finance team in regards to the trouble you have been through. Please go online and choose anytime worth $50.00 and help me with the Dell part number and I shall ship the item out for you.

Please find the link for the accessories for the laptop:: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=ena_deals&~ck=mn

Hope I made you smile. J

Let me know if any questions, I will be glad to help you.

Wish you a pleasant time and take care!!

Warm regards,

Dell. Inc.

17 Posts

November 12th, 2009 12:00

your lucky Dell sent me an incomplete product , advised me to wait 3-5 days for the keyboard and mouse didnt arrive Called up to dsr DELL would not allow me as it had been over 7 days. after 8 days i purchased my own as dell were unable to send me them. Just spoken to dell who said as they didn't ask me to purchase my own there will be no refund. it took them 2  months to send me the keyboard and mouse and they denied me dsr , what was i supposed to do with the pc for 2 months use it as a door stop.

Yes i'm angry given the mis-advice and the poor business practice used to con me into keeping the pc and the fact dell effectively forced me into spending further funds due to their incompetance. and now , well we dont charge, we didnt ask you to buy one so you get no refund .

Dells a joke , next stop my solicitors

and the classic thing is not 1 single dell employee will take responsibility and my last thread deleted. It really is disgusting how bad dell have become

No Events found!