Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 8th, 2018 05:00

My post is marked and submitting abuse report is not working

I've tried to start a thread on this forum about 5 days ago. However, it was instantaneously marked. I don't get why. I suspect that this is yet another bug, associated with the recent forum engine update (here are three more issues: #1, #2, #3).

Just for reference, here's a screenshot of that post:

It is likely, that you cannot see images, due to issue #1. And I'm afraid that this post would be marked as well, if I add any external link. So, I hope this bug would be fixed soon, and the image would be visible. Meanwhile, I'll try to explain everything with just words. There's a big yellow banner:

=========================================================

Marked as. If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report.

=========================================================

So, I've clicked "abuse report" and entered something like "My post was automatically marked as , could you please fix it?" .

Notify moderator form

Note, that this form says "Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content" and "Tell us why you believe this content is inappropriate", while it obviously should say the opposite. Which looks like another minor(?) issue.

(PS: I've reported this here)

After I've clicked "Notify Moderator", there was a big green confirmation banner "Moderator notified".

moderator notified.PNG

That was 5 days ago.

Nothing changed.

It looks like "abuse report" feature is just broken as well.

56 Posts

April 26th, 2018 16:00

After a few more messages to @dell-robert p , he approved those posts. So, now this issue is solved for me.

Maybe it took that long because I've not sent him any explicit links to my banned posts before - I was 100% sure that Admin should be able to easily get a list of my posts that are "marked". So, my tip is - always include direct links to your posts you are talking about.

56 Posts

April 9th, 2018 06:00

Just for log:

I've sent a private message to @robert p  (hm, it looks like I'm unable to correctly reference him, due to a space in his nickname - yet another forum engine bug, or am I missing something?), and he said The abuse reports are working and are monitored by a moderation team who may or may not notify you about the violation, depending upon the severity.

56 Posts

April 16th, 2018 15:00

It's been 10 days since I've posted those two topics. They are still "rejected". I've sent 5 messages to @dell-robert p  and received 4 replies from him. He suggested a few things. E.g. to get rid of "banned words", those that are replaced with. I've tried to follow that. As an experiment, I've reduced my post to just two lines of text. This does not work. The post is still banned.

Funny thing is an example of a banned word. And this word was here, in the title of this topic. But this one is not banned.

So... No luck. My post is still banned. 

No pictures were approved as well. So, it look like the problem is that there's just no moderators. They are all gone.

July 25th, 2018 00:00

Yep, mine getting flagged today, I even tried obfuscating URLs (official Dell website ones shouldn't trip it anyways). Super angry at Dell. Posting with legitimate concern and clearly they are  and cannot face the questions they do not want to answer. Tried what you suggested, hopefully Robert P will fix it when he replies.

56 Posts

July 25th, 2018 05:00

Good luck with that :)

Hope this time he would just fix that after your first message.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 25th, 2018 10:00

karatekid430,

Next time, please start your own thread to discuss Forum software issues. Here is your original post on the Laptops XPS Forum board. All the other duplicates were deleted.

No Events found!