Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2009 16:00

Open more than one window

HI

When I open a window in my Msn (windows live hotmail) and go to ie: my eBay, if I then open a 2nd window the first window changes to my eBay!  Could you tell me how to open one window ie: my eBay and then open another window ie: my emails  at the same time, please?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 14th, 2009 04:00

What Model PC? What Operating System?

What Browser are you using?  It does make a difference. 

With Internet Explorer 7 or 8, when you got to one site and then want to open another window for a different site you either RIGHT click on the link you want to go to and select Open in new TAB and it will open the other site in a new TAB within Internet Explorer.  Firefox works the same way.

May 14th, 2009 14:00

Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply and the information. I am sorry for the delay with my response. I have a Dell Inspiron1525 laptop and I am using Msn Hotmail. I think I have Windows Internet Explorer 8. If I use Winodows Live Messenger I can not see a 'tab' and it does not have a 'favorites', ( the little yellow star under the 'file'. I hope that the above information is what you need to help me with my problem, please.

Best regards

Terry

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 14th, 2009 18:00

Interne Explorer is the Browser.  Hotmail is just an internet mail service and basically one web site.  If you access Hotmail with the browser then do as I originally stated to open a new tab (window) so you can go to another web site and still have Hotmail open.  Messenger is not a browser to access web sites.

May 19th, 2009 17:00

Hi Firebird

Thank you very much for your reply to my email. I applologise (again):emotion-10: for the very long delay with my response. I so pleased to be able to tell you that 'favorites' is working well, THANK YOU:emotion-21:. I appreciate all of your help, time and patience with me whilst trying to solve this problem for me and hope not to have to trouble you again.

Many thanks

Best regards

Terry

:emotion-2:

Ps: Sorry for the spelling mistake in the previous email.

No Events found!