Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2009 08:00

Probs scanning into Word from Dell 968 all-in-one

The Dell All-in-One software tells me I need to complete all scanning from the 968 Printer device and all options on the software are greyed out. if I choose to scan a document from the device, it is happy to scan to email or file however if i choose scan into MS Word, it takes the document through and appears to be sscanning but then produces a message that says I need to use the OCR software on the PC to do this. therefore I appear to be stuck.

any suggestions? i have tried reinstalling the software.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 28th, 2009 13:00

ChameleonJT,

Make and model of your computer and operating system needed and how you're connecting the 968 printer to your computer.

Rick

May 5th, 2009 08:00

HI, my PC is a Dell Vostro 200 desktop which is connected using a wireless network. Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 5th, 2009 13:00

ChameleonJT,

What you need to do is try using these settings in your wireless router. You will also need to follow these instructions to un-install the printer and then re-install it.

First make sure your computer has all the Windows updates. I have the custom ones too, especially the new framework(Needed to run many applications). Also make sure to have the latest Java. Since you didn't mention how the printer's connected, here the basic instructions for this printer.

Disconnect your printer. 

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

I recommend using these  Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get everything to communicate correctly. I have DHCP enabled on my wireless router. I assigned my printer an ip address at the high end of my ip address. (Example: my printer ip address is 192.168.1.149) All the other computer get assigned an ip address automatically. 

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

No Events found!