Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DM

October 30th, 2009 03:00

Re-Instalation

I have re-installed windows to my laptop due to it failing to work. But after doing this alot of the factory programs are missing and the short cut keys do not work and there is no volume?

October 30th, 2009 04:00

I used the windows cd and two others that came with it. I didn't see anything about installing drivers. Is there any way of restoring the factory settings or re-formating it and starting again.

3.7K Posts

October 30th, 2009 04:00

Hi, If you used the Cd to reinstall, then it wont install 3rd party software that came with the system, you should have received the disc's for them. Also, when you installed your drivers, did you install them in this order HERE.

3.7K Posts

October 30th, 2009 07:00

I used the windows cd and two others that came with it. I didn't see anything about installing drivers. Is there any way of restoring the factory settings or re-formating it and starting again.

Hi, If you have used the reinstall Cd, chances are you may have damaged the D Restore partition. But, to give it a go. If you are using Vista, press F8 when you see the Dell splash screen, you should see an option to repair windows. If you are using XP, the its CTRL+ F11. See support journal HERE.

October 30th, 2009 08:00

Hi, thanks for the advice I will give it a go and cross my fingers.

No Events found!