Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2014 10:00

(Redirected) Blemishes on printed sheet and don't know who to ask

I have a Dell 3110CN printer.

I've tried to identify something on the Dell site that will help me solve my problem. I've now come to this part of the but everything here looks pretty foreign to me. I need help to figure out how to solve my problem. The conversations I'm reading all seem well above my pay grade but I will give it a shot.

My printed pages all have "marks" on them. They are like horizontal hash marks about 1/4 inch in length and spaced evenly across the page at about 1 inch intervals and the length of the page at about 1-1/4 inch intervals.

I opened the top and cleaned anything that looked like it might be causing the problem. Then, I took out the "head" that all sorts of roller and gears and cleaned what I could. None of that seemed to help. It seemed to me the only thing left that might be grabbing or rolling across the paper would be under the machine -- when the paper tray is pulled out. I took it out and cleaned everything I could. This final effort did seem to make some minor difference to the better but printing still has marks (after two test prints I've recleaned that area but I still can't get rid of the blemish).

To be honest, I'm going stark raving mad. For some things it is OK, but I'm trying to print business cards and, as you can imagine, this just isn't cutting it.

Can anyone help me .... if not with a solution at least directing me to someone or someplace I can find help.

Thanks.

Tom

2.3K Posts

May 4th, 2014 11:00

Hi beebets,

Please repost this in the printer forum for faster assistance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528.aspx

No Events found!