Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2009 10:00

STUDIO XPS 1645 i7 ORDER STATUS THREAD !

THIS IS THE THREAD FOR US TO POST OUR ORDER STATUS OF STUDIO XPS 1645 CORE i7

I have browsed the forum and found this as a BIG issue about the Studio XPS 1645 i7 Delivery. Some are saying that Dell IS NOT SHIPPING it and some say opposite.

Now we have this thread for each of us to post exactly what is going on with our order status so that we all know the truth.

Who has ordered really long time ago - Who has canceled - Who is still waiting - Who has talked with Dell Reps or Manager - Who has been given reasons for Cancellations or Delays - Who has experience something else related to the problem ..

WE WILL GATHER INFORMATION HERE !

February 22nd, 2010 01:00

Ordered on 9th Feb. It's the 22nd today and it still hasn't moved to "work in progress". It's supposed to be 3 days!

8 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 11:00

Don't believe it!! Just be prepared for another month delay when you phone to inquire why it didn't ship on your first EDD. I'm over 7 weeks waiting with no hope inight for me yet.

flynte

Ordered 2/16/10, currently "In Production" with an estimated delivery date of 3/5/10.

13 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 09:00

Don't believe it!! Just be prepared for another month delay when you phone to inquire why it didn't ship on your first EDD. I'm over 7 weeks waiting with no hope inight for me yet.

flynte

What specs did you order in yours?  From what I've heard, the RGBLED screen is the big holdup right now.  I ordered one with the WLED screen, since they don't even have RGBLED as an option anymore.  I've also read one, weak rumor that the Intel 5300 wireless card is in short supply (but this was a post somewhere about some guy who called a tech support guy somewhere).

I ordered the one from the sales page with a price of $1199 before tax and shipping, and I didn't change any of the options or order any accessories.

8 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 11:00

I ordered the i7 720, 8gig ram, rgbled, 500 gig sata and blue tooth. Probably is from the screen, but have read where others with wled are getting delayed also

flynte

13 Posts

February 25th, 2010 09:00

My order status is the same on Dell's site, but the money that was taken from my account has been put back in.  I need to call Dell and figure out what happened.  It could be a problem with me using a debit card instead of credit.

5 Posts

February 25th, 2010 12:00

Ordered Feb 20th, EDD orginally was 3/9/10 has since been changed to 3/16.

My config is as followed

Studio XPS 16 Notebook
Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6GHz (2.8 GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
4GB, DDR3, 1333MHz 2 Dimm
15.6 inch Wide Screen 16:9 1080p Full HD WLED LCD, W/2.0 MP, XPS 1645
Dell Webcam Central v1.4
Facial Recognition
ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4670 1GB
500GB 7200RPM Free Fall SensorSeagate Hard Drive
Arctic White High Gloss Finish with Leather XPS 1645
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Integrated 10/100 Network Card

Cyberlink Power DVD 8.3 Playback
8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB
Intel WiFi Link 5300 802.11AGN Half Mini Card

9-cell Battery
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module (2.1+EDR)

1 Year Limited Warranty

So far it seems the only hold up on my particular config is the 500 gig 7200 hdd. :emotion-3:

13 Posts

February 25th, 2010 17:00

Just got off the phone with Dell.  Here's how it went:

• Called the main number, entered purchase ID
  • Put on hold for about 8 minutes, then dropped from queue
  • Called the main number again, entered purchase ID
  • Put on hold for another 8 minutes, connected to a Dell representative
  • Told that no there are no part shortages for my order (see above- $1199 XPS 16 listed on the site with no options, ordered on 2/16/10) and that it should still arrive on or before 3/5/10 with no problems.  I selected the 3-5 day shipping option when I ordered.  I asked about the A07 BIOS and 130w adapter and was told that they (the person on the phone) couldn't answer that.  They said they would, however, transfer me to tech support.
  • Transferred to tech support (no wait time)
  • Told that I will have to wait to get the laptop before switching out the 90w adapter with the 130w adapter.  This is what I expected.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience.  The reps spoke English well and gave reasonable answers.  We'll see whether their answers are true or just words they think I want to hear, but I am optimistic.  My advice to people calling about delays is to ask the Dell rep to look at the shortage list (they can do that) and say what is delaying the order.

Also, the issue with the money being redeposited was supposed to happen.  They told me that the money will be taken out when the laptop is actually shipped and not while it's "in production."

5 Posts

February 26th, 2010 05:00

Happy to report EDD has been updated to 3/3/10 and current status of build is in Delivery Preparation . Crossin my fingers :emotion-15:

8 Posts

February 26th, 2010 06:00

Well, ordered mine on Jan 05/10 with EDD of Feb 01/10 which didn't happen. Got revised to Feb 26/10 by email. It still showing in production with EDD unavailable on status page. No response to email now!  All my computers have been Dell since the 486 days with no problems and now they turn into this type of company!!! I have never in my life felt this frustrated over a purchase! I now know what it feels like to be in DELL HELL. Buyer Beware!!

flynte

February 26th, 2010 15:00

I just orded the same package on the 25th and my est. time is April 7th, so it looks like they are realizing there problems and starting to give longer times right from the start,

13 Posts

February 26th, 2010 21:00

I just orded the same package on the 25th and my est. time is April 7th, so it looks like they are realizing there problems and starting to give longer times right from the start,

What do you mean "same package"?  The one listed on the site for $1199 with the 1080p WLED screen?  Or RGBLED?  And can you call Dell and ask what the part shortage is?

8 Posts

February 27th, 2010 07:00

Well my frustrations are finally over, order cancelled. What a waste of 2 months time.

flynte

13 Posts

February 27th, 2010 11:00

Well my frustrations are finally over, order cancelled. What a waste of 2 months time.

flynte

My estimated delivery date just got "updated" from 3/5/10 to 3/10/10.  How do I get the people at Dell to cancel my order after it's "in production"?  I want to cancel it now, because I see where this is going.

13 Posts

February 27th, 2010 11:00

I found an interesting thread (might not be up to date anymore) on NBR about canceling an in-production order.  I have not tried it yet.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=359237

"Anyway, I spoke with a nice guy in XPS sales and he told me to call the Cancellation Department at 1-800-247-2076, option 2 to cancel. Called them up and they canceled the order in about 2 minutes."

A post on the second page indicates that this is still possible, except that they have to send a cancel request to the factory first before canceling the order altogether.  Getting more groups involved in an already-dysfunctional organization is bad, but that might be the only way to do it.

February 27th, 2010 14:00

Sorry thought I have the package listed...Its the 1999$ with the Wled screen.  What pushed my time was the 500GB hard drive.  If I picked the Solid State the date was like March 15th.  So looks like the 500gd HD is where the delay is.

No Events found!