Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

120 Posts

September 15th, 2019 22:00

Spam mails by Dell Virtual Assistant ?

I keep getting these private mails ......

"Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. I see you've opened a thread. From your previous conversations, I can see that the service tag of your system is *******.   Could you please confirm if this is correct? Otherwise, please provide the correct Service Tag / Express Service Code. "

Yet I have already provided the service tag many times. In fact the Virtual Assistant knows what it is and tells me in the private message. Oh, and I haven't opened a thread either, the message came after I replied to an already existing thread.

But wait, .... I bet I get another one for this "new" thread", even the the VA has had me confirm it many times.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 16th, 2019 07:00

The way I understand the bot protocol, you will receive a bot reply every time you =
* Start a new thread
* Reply to another users thread

So once you provide your Service Tag number, on subsequent post or replies, the bot will still ask if that Service Tag number is yours.

28 Posts

September 16th, 2019 09:00

It does seem like spam.  It's unclear how the bot wants you to provide this information, or whether it has received it -- because there's no response and you may get the request again.

120 Posts

October 23rd, 2020 22:00

I'm still getting the spam emails from the bot.  

120 Posts

March 27th, 2021 14:00

I'm still getting the spam emails from the bot. 

No Events found!