Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 17th, 2009 16:00

TSST-L532B Distorted sound when playing music cd.

Hi!  I have an Inspiron E1705 with the TSST-L532B DVDRW and sygmatel audio.  It plays DVD and pc sounds just fine but when you try to play a music cd the sound is very distorted...videos and songs played from the internet also sound great.  Its just music cd's.  Any help would be great i have been working on this for 6 days...updated drivers, firmware played with the volume....nothing works.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 18th, 2009 03:00

What kind of "music" CD's are you trying?  Commercial audio CD's? audio CD's that were burned?  MP3 audio CD's? 

The audio out of the DVDRW drive is digital and follows the same path internally and is "played" the same way, whether it's audio from a DVD or audio from a CD.  The drive does not know the difference.

4 Posts

January 18th, 2009 09:00

I have tried all cd's.  burned, and store bought and they all do the same thing.  That is why I dont understand what is going on.  They play fine from a stereo but very distorted when played on the pc.  I have tried in both media player and media center and it has the same outcome.  DVD will not play in media player because of a digital copy protection and to install updated driver for video card but there isnt one and it will play in media center.  But the main problem is the distortion.  I am really confused.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 18th, 2009 14:00

Repost on the CD/DVD section of the forum  HERE  maybe someone there has a fix for you.

4 Posts

January 18th, 2009 16:00

K...thanks!

No Events found!