Unsolved

Closed

K

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

April 29th, 2020 18:00

Not logged in, lose post

I don't know where to post this but someone needs to fix your forums. It lets me type up an entire post without being logged in. Then when I try to post it asks me to log in. Then when that fails, I've lost my entire post and have to type it all over again.  This happens times and time again. PLEASE fix the forums. Or at least make it require me sign in as soon as I click the New Post or Reply buttons instead of after I've typed a huge post and then lose it because the forums stink. This has been a problem since the first day the "new" forums were put in place a year or three ago.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 30th, 2020 06:00

Your usage is backwards. You should first log into the Forum making sure that you see your user icon on the upper right. Then find the applicable Forum board and start a new thread or reply to a user. Note, I always "compose" in notepad. Then copy the data into my thread or reply. This way if there is a Forum issue, I have not lost my data.

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

April 30th, 2020 07:00

I shouldn't have to log onto the forums manually every time I visit.  They should log me on automatically like every other forum does.  Since they can't do that, as soon as I click something that's going to require me to be logged on ("Reply", "New Post"), it should immediately check to see if I'm logged on and prompt me to log on right then.

The fact that it waits until after I've typed an entire post to then get around to check to see if I'm logged on is wrong.  No other forum does this and it should be fixed.

And the fact that when it finally gets around to making me log in, it doesn't work anyway, is just more evidence on how broken these forums are.  I'm following the flow that the forums are designed with and they don't work.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 1st, 2020 06:00

Thanks for your assessment. I will ask the team to read through this thread.

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

May 1st, 2020 15:00

Cool. Thanks.

No Events found!