Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2009 17:00

can't play divx

hellow i have dell inspiron 1300, i don;t know whenever i open any website which have divx it always crashed down, wheather it is mozila or ie both of them crash when i open the website contains divx. when mozila close it shows the eror message 0* 0000000

107 Posts

April 21st, 2009 18:00

it's not very clear what you're doing here as the files are normally downloaded to your pc 1st before you play them in  a suitable software media player? divX and Xvid are codecs for media files stored within containers such as avi. In order to play back these files you need to install the codecs seperately or use a player that uses its own internal codecs, for example VLC.

The best codecs to install are in my opinion the xvid ones they are open source, and will play back both xvid and divx encoded files. Most are xvid though you'll find. download and install from here

http://www.koepi.info/Xvid-1.2.1-04122008.exe

then just install. These are clean of any spy or adware. VLC from videolan is a good media player to use or KMPlayer.

10 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 02:00

hi

thanks 4 ur help but my problem is i watch lots of video clips in online streaming lets say i open this website www.stage6.com which has a divx player whenever i open this website my browser crashed down either it is mozila or ie.

in other word any website  which run divx player for their online video clips whenevr i open those website it crashed down

thanks

107 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 15:00

that website is now dead but you may still need to install the codecs as previosly advised. its hard to tell as some of these sites actually stream flash based video,

No Events found!