Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2009 12:00

Inspiron 1525 Laptop - Dell Dock Application not loading ?!

Hi there

Has anyone had problems with the dell dock application not loading when switching on their laptop - have an inspiron 1525.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 11th, 2009 14:00

daffy_duck,

Try download and reinstalling Dell Dock.

I haven't had any problems with this version.

Rick

3 Posts

May 11th, 2009 15:00

Thanks, if it happens again I'll try downloading and re-installing.

Harry

1 Message

August 23rd, 2009 04:00

I'm having a similar problem with DellDock... It was working fine one day and then the next it wouldnt load, but also couldn't get the error report to go through to Microsoft.  Well,I've tried multiple times now to uninstall and reinstall, but each time i do it gives me the same error message that it has to shut down, and cant restart. here's a copy of the error message detail:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: delldock.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.1527

Problem Signature 03: 4a1ef3cb

Problem Signature 04: System.Configuration

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 49cc5ec1

Problem Signature 07: 277

Problem Signature 08: 14

Problem Signature 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Any thoughts? Cuz i'm at a total loss at this point.  It's a shame because i kinda liked this application

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 23rd, 2009 04:00

BaddJj,

Try removing Dell Dock from start, control panel, programs and features, then make a system restore point and restart your computer after you have the restore point.

Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. Run Windows Install Cleanup from the start, all programs. Look for Dell Dock ONLY. Click on it, then click remove, then exit.

Restart your computer.

Download Dell Dock.

What happens?

Rick

1 Message

September 10th, 2009 12:00

I have the same problem with my Inspiron Desktop. I uninstalled the program to stop the constant error message from appearing every time I logged on. Sorry I don't have a solution for you. Hey Dell! How about a fix? It seems alot of us are having this problem.

2 Posts

July 16th, 2010 17:00

Hi there

Has anyone had problems with the dell dock application not loading when switching on their laptop - have an inspiron 1525.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dear ladies & gentelmen,

YOUR KIND ASSISTANT WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED TO FIX THE APPLICATION DOCK OF INSPIRON1525, DUE IT FAILER EVEN WITH DOWNLOAD.DOWNLOAD DEMAND INSTALLATION.THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR SOLVING THIS MALFUNCTION OF YOUR DOWNLOAD.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2010 11:00

Nofan_Art,

Go to start, control panel, programs and features and uninstall Dell dock.

Download Search Everything and install it. Open Search Everything and type Dell Dock.

Delete all files/folders that say Dell Dock.

Restart your computer.

Download Dell Dock and install.

What happens now?

Also, if you were trying to download it from Dell's website, try reading...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager

Rick

1 Message

January 26th, 2013 14:00

I found the solution to our common problem. you should uninstall the program from the control panel. then go to the file browser ... select the Tools tab of the menu bar .. folder options and select view hidden files and folders ... Apply and OK. go to the following system path ...

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Stardock_Corporation\DellDock.exe_Url_zerevpyj2cwvrpvdb3tli4avbxq3yq3p\2.5.0.1527\user.config

and check if this file exists "user.config" If so return to the "local" folder and locate the folder "Stardock_Corporation" and delete it .. to be deleted program settings per user, as this is what prevents that program startup. deleted once the folder can install the dell dock normally and after installation u can run the program.

No Events found!