Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2018 16:00

(Redirected) Inspiron 15 5567 Fan making grinding noise

So I have this laptop since September 2017 and everything was fine. For the last few days the fan starts to make noise. The laptop is not overheated as the temperature is around 20-25 degree C and I think there is no much dust inside. I just updated to the latest BIOS few days ago.

At first, the fan will start to make little noise like it get stuck on something. Then, if I lift it up in the air and move it around, the noise will be louder. Sometimes if I hit at the back of the laptop, it will be quite, and sometimes when I put it back down to the table, it gets loud again. Also, it helps if I close the lid (it puts in sleep mode) and move around a little bit, then re-open and run it, the noise is gone. It comes back occasionally. I've run diagnostics  through SupportAssists but I got stuck at "Insert a Data CD". When Dell sent me this laptop, there was no CD included. I don't know what I should do next.

I'm pretty disappointed on this new laptop. The fan was so quiet and smooth, then it got noise after the latest update (I don't know if it was BIOS, or Windows update), but I accepted it because i think that is normal. Now the noise is loud and I need to get it fix.   

2.3K Posts

January 20th, 2018 21:00

Hi toke12,

PLease repost this in the Inspiron Laptop forum for help.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/bd-p/Inspiron

No Events found!