Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2017 17:00

iDRAC Failing to Initialize

I have a Dell Poweredge T420 server. On friday when I rebooted, it kept saying "SWC0700 iDRAC is not ready...." and "Warning! iDRAC initialization error....". The fans spin at full speed and after I hit F1 twice, the server boots to sbs 2011. I have tried flea power as well as holding down the 'i' button on the front to reset the iDRAC to no avail. My research leads me to think the motherboard will need to be replaced. I see a special looking slot close to the integrated iDRAC that looks like maybe a DRAC card could be added to hopefully trump the iDRAC and take over so the mb doesn't have to be replaced!??? Not sure about this but just a thought. Please advise.

• 

8.5K Posts

October 12th, 2017 11:00

Hi,

You could try running the firmware update package. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=JWKMP

October 12th, 2017 18:00

I have tried that and it fails. Thanks for your input.

5 Posts

November 28th, 2017 16:00

I had the same problem with the IDrac on a Poweredge R720 (3 of them in fact). The only solution was to replace all 3 motherboards.  Dell made these IDracs much too fragile and really it is a design flaw. A replacement motherboard costs $900 each plus labor to install it.

No Events found!