Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2020 09:00

error Macro

Hi,

when i try to run the python script

I have this error : 

Error: Macro $OMINAGIOSRESPATH$ has invalid path or file not found

I do not understand very well this part, do you have an example?..

Post Installation:

Create a Passphrase Resource file to store a passphrase for encryption and decryption.
Navigate to  /etc/resource.cfg and define a macro $OMINAGIOSRESPATH$=  in the resource.cfg and provide the absolute path of the file created in step 1.
Restart the Nagios Core services by running the following command: service nagios restart
Guidelines to create a Passphrase Resource file and a Passphrase:
Passphrase shall contain any alphanumeric and special characters.
The length of the passphrase should be minimum of 10 characters and maximum of 25 characters.
It is recommended to change the passphrase at regular interval of time.
Passphrase Resource file should have a read permission for the 'nagios' user and the user running discovery script.
'nagios' user runs the discovery script.

2 Posts

July 1st, 2020 14:00

now i have this erro 

"Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)"

• 

3.1K Posts

July 2nd, 2020 00:00

Hi,

This would be my first encounter with OpenManage 3rd party intergration. I'm not verse with Nagio Core plugin. 

Can you let me know more about the issue? You mentioned about post installation, are you trying to integrate OpenManage into Nagio Core? 

Does this article on the installation help you? : https://dell.to/2AmBa9M

Let me know if it helps.

April 3rd, 2023 12:00

Could someone please help me in addition to the question above. I have received this error , and I am trying to understand how to complete the post installation. 

As regarding to the "Create a Passphrase Resource file to store a passphrase for encryption and decryption. How do I go about this creation, which password am I encrypting/decrypting? which path am I creating the passphrase resource file?

Also, $OMINAGIOSRESPATH$= how do I know the full path to represent this macro

No Events found!