Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2014 14:00

Problem installing OpenManage Integration for VMWare vCenter

Hello

I'm trying to use Dell OpenManage Integration for VMWare vCenter and have downloaded and deployed with the OVF file.  The VM appears to have installed correctly and I've registered 2 vCenter Servers by IP address.  I can connect to the DellAdminPortal page and log in.  In the Administration Console under vCenter Registration I see both vCenter Servers and I get the message 

Success
The vCenter 172.17.1.30 was successfully registered. Open a new vSphere client for the vCenter 172.17.1.30 so that the changes can be put into effect.

However when I connect to my vCenter with the vSphere Web Client I do not see the Dell OpenManage Integration icon under the Administration category.  What am I missing?  I have also checked the Administration -> Plug_In Management and I only see vCenter Orchestrator, Log Browser, and SSO Admin UI Plugin.  Nothing about Dell OpenManage.  

I've logged in and out multiple times and have even restarted the OpenManage VM but nothing is showing up.  Any suggestions on what I can do to get this running?

Thanks,

Scott

March 5th, 2014 15:00

Our web client support is for vSphere 5.5 only. Please ensure that is the version of vCenter you are running.  

If you are on 5.5 check if there are two plugin folders in C:/ProgramData/VMware/vSphere Web Client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/" If there are, we have seen that deleting the older folder and restarting the Virgo server fixed this issue.

February 20th, 2014 16:00

When you try to access using the full vSphere client do you see the Dell integration tab? If so you can try restarting your vCenter server and making sure you have the latest flash version installed. 

February 20th, 2014 17:00

Thanks for following up.  When I access the vCenter Server with the vSphere client rather than the web client I do see the Dell Integration tab.  I've confirmed that I'm running Flash 12,0,0,70 and I have restarted my vCenter Server.  I still do not see the Dell Integration icon or tab when I connect with the vSphere web client.  I've tested with IE 10 and Chrome and get the same results with both.  Any other ideas on what I can do to get this to show up with the web client?

Thanks,

Scott

March 7th, 2014 16:00

We're running vSphere 5.1, I guess that's it.  So no web client support for anyone earlier than 5.5?

3 Posts

July 18th, 2015 12:00

I am having this same issue with the icon not visible in the web client.  I am running the appliance version of vCenter and also the appliance version of the Dell Open Manage Integration component.  I can't figure out where to find the folder you are referencing in your answer here - is that for someone using the Windows install of vCenter?  I don't have that as just stated.  How do I fix this with the Dell integration icon not showing in the web client?

No Events found!