Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

5 Posts

May 7th, 2019 03:00

7760 AIO, GeForce GTX 1050, driver problems

So, i have an All-in-one system with discrete Nvidia GTX1050. I am working with video editors, that require CUDA technology support from videodrivers. There are two ways to install driver for my card - from Dell drivers section (which is reccomended by vendor) or directly from Nvidia portal.

While using Dell driver, CUDA technology is disabled by default. Videoeditors can`t find it and switch to OpenCL rendering method instead, gaming benchmark is telling that CUDA is unsupported as well. At the same time graphics card name itself is displaying properly.

While using NVIDIA driver, CUDA is activated, i can work smoothly with video, but at the same time the whole system is becoming laggy and unstable. I am booting my PC, right from the start there is a loud sound of graphics fans working, browser HTML5 video starts lagging, cursor might jump abruptly around the screen and so on. Bear in mind, this happens even when browser is the only app working, with no workload at all.

So how can i activate manually CUDA in Dell drivers? Nvidia software is clearly unoptimized for AIO machines, but CUDA support is critical for me.

2.5K Posts

May 7th, 2019 08:00

its overheating\

get some simple program that lets you see CPU/GPU

heat in real time. like hwinfo64.exe free. and 100% safe (get it, run virustotal.com on it, see? safe)

50C is par, 90c is shut down temp. (it self shuts down)

the CPU slows itself down as it nears 90c,

AIO are not really good for cooling hot running GTX ,,,, you failed show full model numbers on that card.?

there are may 1050 sold and not the same. thing, for sure power needs and memory onboard it.

The 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 is a chip on the motherboard. It is not a discrete video card that can be removed.
DELL-Chris M

any time GPU slows down, check heat OK:? same with CPU. (they are that smart , self protections)

and Control +alt+delete, TASK MANAGER< for CPU processes too high.

2.2K Posts

August 11th, 2019 12:00

Do you still have the system with you? I have returned mine after 2 weeks because of heat related issue with the 1050. First it was Dell's assembly causing the GPU die to not touch the heat spreader because of a gasket around the die supposedly to balance the heat spreader but ended up causing the thermal paste to not even touch the plate.

After Dell sent its technician over to fix that issue, under heavy GPU load the fan still fires up as expected but the noise from the tiny fan was so unbearable that I had to return the system. Let us know if you've found a way to have a quiet 1050 7760 AIO.

5 Posts

September 26th, 2019 13:00

Yep, it turned out that, at first, my machine had almost no thermal paste on motherboard, and, at second, fan cooling system was broken and it had been completely replaced. Dell drivers still can`t provide CUDA support, but NVIDIA have released new drivers by themselves, so now i can finally work in Adobe CC without any problems. Overall, it boggles my mind how bad is Dell's QA and what a garbage drivers they are providing through their support assist. Definitely will not buy any of their hardware anymore.

No Events found!