Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

6 Posts

May 24th, 2019 22:00

9030 AIO, SD card reader driver, crashing Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hi Guys,

Had an issue with my Dell 9030 AIO not recognising an SD card when plugged into the in-built card-reader, after a cold boot. So I went to device manager (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit) and updated the driver - selected the automatically down and install option. Updated okay. When I plugged an SD card into the reader - all good.

However when I select "Eject xxx device" from the Windows taskbar, even though it pops up the message say it's safe to remove the device, as soon as I physically eject the card, I get a Windows BSOD!

I also tried downloading and installing the driver from the official Dell website (O2 Micro OZ777xxx/OZ621XX memory card reader Driver, version 3.0.8.58 ,A02) which gave the same result.

Downgrading the driver to the original version that Win 10 installed (SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller, version 10.0.17763.292), works okay, aside from the not detecting an inserted SD card on a cold boot).

Can anyone confirm this issue?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v 1809 with all current updates.

Cheers,

Mike.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 25th, 2019 05:00

you have usb rootkit malware

All of the drivers are in a single file that shoud be extracted in the documents folder with 7zip.

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03391788M/1/9030-win10-A01-C4N2D.CAB

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then any updates in device manager are done offline.

You need to nuke and pave and reinstall one time with the correct drivers offline.

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

May 25th, 2019 08:00

q1

BSOD

w10 now has 100 BSOD screens and all can be decoded at ms.com,  every one, so take a photo of it.

IIRC , micros has cellphone app that decodes them using our CELL CAM... yah a cute trick.

it decodes it and tells you what I means. (and is IMPORTANT)

or decode it by hand, at ms.com

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

May 25th, 2019 08:00

it may be and infected PC sure.

but 1809 has many bugs , and you can wait for fixes, or do  full forced update on windows in the setting screen click updates and force them. (best is not delay ms major  updates 1809  is one, w10pro allows me to.)

or do a fresh clean load of w10. let the MS Plug and play do it all ,

you do know you can do that to spare HDD or SSD and test all that. then if the problem still exists its bad drivers.

we keep spare HDD here and SSD ,erased just to do that, and is free, w10 is free to install and run for free 30days.

and w10 has one more great features, most forget the w10 to w10 INLINE UPGRADE, this refreshes it all.

losing no apps. but if infected INLINE is no good, (captain obvious)

good luck to you!

May 30th, 2019 00:00

Hi Guys,

Well I tracked down the problem - the SD card driver...

I removed the new driver that I installed from the Dell downloads/support site for the 9030 AIO (O2-Micro-OZ777xxx-OZ621XX-memory-card-reader-Driver_74M75_WIN_3.0.8.58_A02.EXE ). This is the latest driver.

I then downloaded and installed the PREVIOUS version (Chipset_Driver_FFXJM_WN32_3.0.8.52_A00.EXE). This worked fine.

No issues with BSOD on card removal, no issues with the card not being recognised on insertion.

I guess this is a bug that should be reported? Just a bit strange that I'm (apparently) the only one who's experienced this problem.

Cheers,

Mike.

101 Posts

May 30th, 2019 00:00

Nice work and THANKS for the update!

I was going to recommend a different USB/SD Ejector file, but I haven't personally tried it with Win 10 yet, so I didn't. 

I don't like how unhandy the MS Ejector is, but now that I check, that Icon is missing?  GOOD. 

*Now tested with Win 10 Pro 64X and it's OK!  Much better than MS...  See it here:

FAST USB EJECT  be sure to set the 'options' too for even more control...

Anthony

*(For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32 and 64 bit)

1 Message

June 4th, 2019 23:00

I am also faced a similar issue. All I had to do was to uninstall the software and retained the driver of previous version. Chipset_Driver_FFXJM_WN32_3.0.8.52_A00.exe which is the driver version of 2015 is a working version and current version is having issues

4 Posts

November 8th, 2021 09:00

I can also confirm that driver Chipset_Driver_FFXJM_WN32_3.0.8.52_A00.EXE resolves the blue screen issues experienced with O2-Micro-OZ777xxx-OZ621XX-memory-card-reader-Driver_74M75_WIN_3.0.8.58_A02.EXE.

Thankyou for the fix -  Fix it please Dell.

08/11/21 Windows 10 21H1

2 Posts

June 15th, 2022 01:00

This worked like a charm.  Didn't even have to reboot the computer after installation.
Thank you for tracking this down and posting it here.  I just bought this computer because of it being
an all-in-one and an I7 CPU, plus it is wall mountable.  SO many of the new ones out are not capable of this.  I really do appreciate this and am going to test if it works on Windows 11 with this computer also.

And yes, it can be installed onto this computer with minimal effort.
Thanks again and have a great 2022, even if you can't afford to go anywhere because of Brandon's astronomical gas prices.

No Events found!