Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

April 1st, 2020 09:00

Ethenet not working no internet

Hi there yestarday i updated my computer using (Dell command update) wich came with my computer. But after i updated my computer and logged on my internet wasnt working so i did all the basics steps for trouble shooting the proplem. I've tryed everthing like Going back to an erlier build and downloading new network drivers but nothing has worked!! please help me i need my computer ASAP 

Thanks 

Oliver!

2 Posts

April 1st, 2020 10:00

Its not a ISP issue its a driver issue

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

no PC told no OS told nor if you ever upgraded the OS.

ok, I will bite.(byte be a fun pun)

the PC unstated has  RJ45 Cat5/6 Ethernet jack on the rear,  and goes to the router using a wired CABLE.

then you look in the task bar, right and see that the cute icon for Ethernet is wrong, its dead. hummmmm

will that means 3 things. (if only your PC is dead )

it means the dog eat the cable ethernet, or omg you didnt reseat the cable at both ends?

or the ethernet DRIVER IS WRONG FOR YOUR UNSTATED OS.  Why post lacking what OS this is ,guessing is no fun for me, are your running LINUX?? or XP or ?  NO PC told at all no OS told at all.

also any port on any PC on earth can go dead, just for simple latch up,(it has a self protection feature for ESD or power surge or lightning minor hits, never full hits and fire)

the cure for that is easy the long hard reset, 1,2,3,4.

does 2nd PC fail on your router,for sure ethernet,

or try all ports on the router, 1 to 4, or more if more.

does PC run direct to the cable modem no router at all?

if all PCs fail on this router we reset (power cycle it only) both router and modem. this is calls to ISP tell you.

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

if doing real business at home?  havea 2nd PC, as a backup PC,  they are cheap as $50

why risk a  real business for 50 bucks.?  no really. why be desperate?

and if internet is down call you ISP, even get 2 line ISP connections like real businesses have.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 1st, 2020 11:00

Turn off your cable modem.

Turn off your router.

Wait 1 minute.

Turn on cable modem.

Wait 1 minute.

Turn on router.

Ethernet rarely if ever go bad. Even when I install new OS the Ethernet always works.

478 Posts

April 1st, 2020 12:00

Maybe a good idea to swap out all the ethernet cables too. They can fail. I've had several that went bad. One caused me to buy a new router before I figured it out. So I have a backup router now

• 

25.7K Posts

April 1st, 2020 12:00

Download the driver from the given link, save it on desktop https://dell.to/3bGpqfk

You need to uninstall the ethernet driver from the device manager and install it.^PC

No Events found!