Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 14th, 2018 02:00

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.5.50 PXE 2.1 Build 092 (WfM 2.0)

Hi all,

Anybody is having any idea about this error  I am getting stuck after this message, even not able to enter Bios Setup.

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.5.50 PXE 2.1 Build 092 (WfM 2.0)

support me if you have these solution,

Regards

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 21st, 2020 22:00

"

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent" is shown because PXE is enabled and the hard drive is DEAD.

Since it cant find anything to boot from its trying to network boot PXE.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 14th, 2018 03:00

This is the posted fix for a Dell from another site:

"That means it's trying to boot from the network card as there is a boot-over-lan thing that can be done. It usually comes up when the hard drive is dead or not present so it tries to like boot from floppy, usb, dvd, hard drive and then LAN."

1 Message

August 13th, 2018 01:00

Im facing the same issue right now, how did you fixed the issue plz help.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 13th, 2018 09:00

@Rasheed1910 wrote:

Give the machine a boot-able copy of Windows on a local drive.

367 Posts

August 13th, 2018 18:00

@Rasheed1910 wrote:

Set your main storage with windows on it as the main boot device in the BIOS and not the LAN card.

3 Posts

June 29th, 2019 13:00

Hi , i m facing that problem  :

''
Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent CL v0.1.10 PXE 2.1 Build 092 (WfM 2.0)
''

,, and although i hate on F2 , 9 , 10 , 11 ; 12 ,, it doesn't redirect me to the this  options pages ??

I mentioned that the problem start when the electricity was interrupted suddenly from my laptop ,, it s really a problem on my hard drive or it s simply  like other cases ( I am talking about : https://www.dell.com/community/Optiplex-Desktops/Initializing-Intel-R-Boot-Agent-GE-v1-5-50-PXE-2-1-Build-092-WfM/m-p/5877947#M5727 ) . ❤❤❤ thanks for helping ❤❤❤ 

1 Message

September 12th, 2019 22:00

Am having the same trouble here. 

How did you sort this out please 

17 Posts

November 7th, 2019 10:00

This is a major issue.  The problem is on affected machines YOU CANNOT ENTER BIOS SETUP!!!

When the machine (in my case it's an OptiPlex 9010) is powered on, the Dell logo screen appears, and I immediately hit (either) F2 for setup or F12 for boot device selection.  A message in yellow upper right corner says "Preparing to enter setup..." and then the system screen clears to the Intel Boot agent screen and the system is ABSOLUTELY FROZEN.

Ctrl-alt-del does not work, and there is no way to enter BIOS setup on this machine.  This appears to be a bug in the BIOS itself as there's NO WAY to boot this system now, and NO WAY to enter CMOS/BIOS setup.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 7th, 2019 14:00

This shows on the screen when its trying to boot when the hard drive is completely dead.

PXE is diskless booting from a network server.

The hard drive is physically locking and crashing.

You must replace a bad hard drive and reinstall windows.

• 

25.1K Posts

February 27th, 2020 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please private message your system service tag or the express service code for us to get your system details and assist you further..

Was there any changes made to the system before this issue occurred. ^KR 

1 Message

February 27th, 2020 03:00

Hi all,

I am having the same problem, weird thing is I purchased a refurbed Optiplex 9020, the same as the PC with the boot problem, and found it to be exactly the same using the original monitor, keyboard, mouse and ethernet.

I then tried testing both non-booting machines on another employees desk, using their monitor etc, and both booted up fine?

Moving them both back to the original desk and retesting, both booted fine.

The next morning was the same problem, wouldn't boot at original desk, but moving to another desk I got the same results as the previous day.

This really doesn't make any sense why both the problem PC and the newly purchased refurb would show the same error on this particular desk, but would work on another desk, unless the monitor is causing a problem.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2020 04:00

All i did was remove my power supply after shutdown and reconnect it again then booted it up

1 Message

May 6th, 2020 08:00

The problem is being caused by the network boot. To bypass the whole problem shut down the PC, remove the network card from PCI slot, insert in a bootable device, start PC and install windows or other operating system. Shut down,  then reinstall network card. Start PC and continue with your regular tasks. 

2 Posts

May 21st, 2020 19:00

Having same problem with my 4800 since yesterday. Tried removing hardware, cmos battery but cannot seem to get this to work. Any suggestions? I’m a student and cannot attend classes on my laptop anymore 

2 Posts

May 21st, 2020 22:00

I already replaced the hard drive and also tried bootable usbs. Nothing worked. What annoys me the most is that I cannot even go into BIOS anymore.. This is for sure a bug from Dell for which there’s no fix for laptops as I cannot remove the Ethernet from it. (wireless card tried already and it won’t change anything)

No Events found!