Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

February 21st, 2019 08:00

Keyboards not working

We have quite a few Dell Wireless/Keyboard WK636p that were manufactured in April 2018. After we installed them, a few months later, the keyboards become complete unresponsive. The mouse works just fine, but we get nothing from keyboard. We have replaced batteries with brand new ones and still nothing. There are no lights on the keyboard at all. It doesn't matter which desktop they are plugged into, the keyboard still does not work. We are able to install a new wireless keyboard/mouse on the desktop and they work. I have looked online and have not found any help.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2019 15:00

We don’t swap out any of the devices. If we swap out a keyboard, we swap out the usb and mouse with all new set. They devices never go farther than 3ft from the pc.

We do have roughly 14 in close proximity.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 21st, 2019 15:00

I have some experience with a similar Dell set.

I found that it's a matched set of 3 (including the USB dongle) ... matched frequencies ... no swapping allowed. Pretty sure each set uses 1 of 10 (or more) different frequencies.

Also, the range is short (like under 3 ft).

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 21st, 2019 20:00

@dbrown440 wrote:

The mouse works just fine, but we get nothing from keyboard. We have replaced batteries with brand new ones and still nothing. There are no lights on the keyboard at all. 

That was just from my notes. Maybe it doesn't apply.

I'm also a little surprised you are trying to use these in a business setting, not to mention so many.

If the keyboards are dead with new batteries (1.5-volt Duracell Alkaline , non-rechargeable ), sounds like they are broken and will have to be replaced.

No Events found!