Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2020 05:00

Micron (and Crucial) Storage Executive shows 0% free disk space on SSD

Dell Optiplex 7070 i7 SFF

Windows 10-1909

Micron 2200S NVMe 512GB -  65GB used - 412 GB free space.

Micron Storage Executive shows 0% free disk space.

Why and more important how to change it ?

On other computers Micron Storage Executive works fine.

Screendump_100%_Used_Disk_Capacity.jpgScreendump_100%_Used_Disk_Capacity_2.jpgScreendumps_13%_Real_Capacity_2.jpg

15 Posts

February 14th, 2020 09:00

Problem solved !!!

I changed the SATA operation mode from RAID to AHCI in BIOS setup according the following procedure:

1. Type cmd inside the search box

2. Right-click on cmd and select run as administrator

3. Type bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal and press ENTER

4. Restart your computer and enter BIOS Setup by pressing F12

5. Change the SATA Operation mode from RAID to AHCI

6. Save the BIOS changes, exit Setup and Windows will automatically boot in Safe Mode.

7. Type cmd inside the search box

8. Right-click on cmd and select run as administrator

9. Type bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and press ENTER

10. Reboot once again and Windows will automatically start with AHCI drivers enabled.

Screendump_100%_Used_Disk_Capacity_solved.jpg

2.5K Posts

January 29th, 2020 05:00

Micron Storage Executive shows zero.

would you not ask them that>  it is their  baby.

right?

is this your boot drive

yes, and if yes,   maybe there APP

ask them. this.  it is there software, has nothing to do with Dell at all.

did you install,  MSE newest one? seen here. Windows 64-bit Storage Executive version 5.05.082019.02

this one?

15 Posts

January 29th, 2020 06:00

Micron Storage Executive shows zero. would you not ask them that>  it is their  baby. right?

Yep ... but Dell put it in their system ... the SSD, not the program.

is this your boot drive

Yep, no problem with that, but it's irritating when something isn't working and I don't know why.

yes, and if yes,   maybe there APP

Right.

ask them. this.  it is there software, has nothing to do with Dell at all.

That will be the next step.

did you install,  MSE newest one? seen here. Windows 64-bit Storage Executive version 5.05.082019.02

The newest one ... It's version 5.05.082019.02

2.5K Posts

January 29th, 2020 07:00

the maker of the ssd m;2 has  bios on card update. no sure that is safe to run./

for all I know DELL uses custom card here modified by DELL.

personally Id not use that app,  why risk   this? SSD. ?  the dell ePSA tests it. let .. as does w10 monitor the smart status all the time,

if no using some encryption mode, from the maker of M2 or dell. id not mess here, ever.

not only that, but  your  OS may block you thinking your app is  a direct attack on the security of this device.

tell one thing that APP does that is  useful to you,? that be first, if none leave it out.(app)

your fire wall may do this too, and AV and windows defender, called, now. windows SECURITY. AV.

run the app in ADMIN mode, ? that may make it work but ID NEVER RUN IT, not me, unless DELL TOLD me to.

use ePSA Diag and test the drive, that way.  Frankly best it leave it alone.

15 Posts

January 29th, 2020 08:00

@savvy2

"Frankly best it leave it alone."

Yes ... I also have come that far.
It was wrong to think that Micron SSD and Micron software can work together easily and seamlessly under all circumstances.

Thanks for your reply and advice.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 29th, 2020 21:00

@Mokotoff wrote:

Micron Storage Executive shows zero. 

Yep ... but Dell put it in their system ... the SSD, not the program.

If Dell shipped you a computer with a Micron-SSD installed, it is likely an OEM version.

Usually, a software like that only works with retail (store bought) drives. For example, Samsung Magician software only works with retail-Samsung drives (not the Samsung OEM ones that Dell installs).

15 Posts

January 30th, 2020 04:00

@Tesla1856,

Usually, a software like that only works with retail (store bought) drives. For example, Samsung Magician software only works with retail-Samsung drives (not the Samsung OEM ones that Dell installs).

Possible, but not in my case.

MSE works normal with:

1. SK-Hynix SC311 SSD (inside Optiplex 7060 i7 SFF)

2. Western Digital WD Black NVMe SSD (inside Optiplex 7040 i5 SFF

3. Western Digital WD Black NVMe SSD (inside Precision i5 3420 SFF)

4: Micron 2200S MVMe SSD (inside a second Optiplex 7070 i7 SFF)

Interesting to know is ... why it show all information of the SSD from one computer and not from the second.

I have to say that both the Optiplex 7070 i7 SFF computers are not completely identical, not in buying time and not in configuration (software and hardware).

It's not a problem, because windows and other additional software give the right information about the SSD, but technically it's interesting to know how come ?

15 Posts

@savvy2

are you sure dell delivered this APP on this PC new? if yes you need to call them on the horn and ask for support.

As I wrote before ... Dell put the SSD inside ... I installed the software ... because it works fine with all other Dell computers I'm using.

Because of this anomaly I'm Interested know why it is working on four computers but not on the the fifth ... nothing more, nothing less. 

No answer from Micron Technology so far.

2.5K Posts

and same here, I looked for you, this app not there.

you added it.

why do that? what is one binding need to have it,?

it may now like windows 10 v1909,  and only MS or Micron can cure that , not dell , because you added it.

That Micron thing does not show here, or anywhere I look at dell support .  7070

are you sure dell delivered this APP on this PC new?  if yes you need to call them on the horn and ask for support.

2.5K Posts

why it show all information of the SSD from one computer and not from the second.

why wonder, this at all, is my answer, if you go the distance and find out , what useful thing is learned here?

again why not ask MICRON this,  see there answer first, you are using there software and is not Dells

only they can do this. (maybe lots of things, even the M.2 may have Dell ID in it , for warranty reasons

and the application checks this and goes, OEM not supported and stalls.

Why even worry one applications that is frankly REDUNDANT. and not Dells.

If both PCs are same (no they are not) and both with windows 10, v1909 , ? 

The card may be it. m.2. ID's etc.

87 Posts

September 22nd, 2020 10:00

Thanks for this! We set up more than one Latitude 74xx without issue, but the last two that rolled in suddenly wouldn't image, as the drive couldn't be detected!?

Disk(0) was not found.  Unable to continue.

Possible Cause:  Missing Stroage Driver.

This thought crossed my mind, but since we haven't had to switch to AHCI, for years (to address this same problem), I shrugged it off. I continued to strike out, until I finally took a swing at the 'community.' Shame on me.

No Events found!