Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

February 9th, 2019 09:00

No Drive Found On PC

Hello, I have an Optiplex 755 and when I try to login to my computer, I am met with this, photo) what do I do.? Error Message, first time this has happened.Error Message, first time this has happened.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

February 9th, 2019 13:00

I'd try a manual restart first.  When the Dell splash screen comes on (and does it still come on?), try either F2 for BIOS or F12 for boot menu.  Either one of those should show your HDD, granted you have to arrow down to drives and so on in BIOS.  Hopefully your HDD isn't playing dead.  In the boot menu, you should be able to hightlight on your HDD, hit enter, and see if it loads.

By the way, "F2 to run setup utility" is BIOS.  Good news in a way - The error msg. contradicts itself a bit and I never heard of BIOS just disappearing.

If you get back into Windows, I'd update BIOS unless you already did.  My 755 had A10, and from the Dell site had to update to A19 first before A22.

I'm hoping the error screen you encountered just looks like a big deal, but isn't a real show-stopper.  If you want, try a normal restart first.

Please continue to post as to how it goes?  If the problem continues, were there any changes on your computer beforehand?

No Events found!