Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

July 30th, 2018 16:00

Optiplex 7010, enable both onboard GPU and discrete GPU

I have an Optiplex 7010 with an integrated Intel GPU (4000) that so far I have not been able to run while also running a discrete video card. I have upgraded the Power Supply so I am able to run a compact GTX 1060 with no problems. I participate in the distributed processing network BOINC.  Several of the projects will use the older Intel integrated GPU's to do part of their (faster than CPU) processing.  In fact, that is what the GTX 1060 is doing. I can actually get the Intel GPU to both drive a monitor and to process BOINC project tasks. What I have not been able to do is get the both GPU's to run at the same time. I have the latest BIO's installed. I have tried every video combination in the bios (automatic, Intel, Nvidia). I have tried deleting/uninstalling the GTX 1060 drivers.  But unless I remove the GTX 1060 from its slot on the motherboard, the Intel GPU doesn't "wake up". This is not a "have to" or any kind of disaster.  I just would like to take "full advantage" if I can of "all" my hardware.  :)

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Tom M

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 30th, 2018 19:00

It is not possible. A discrete card automatically disables the on board video.

1 Message

March 5th, 2019 14:00

Isn't there a way to enable it in the bios

44 Posts

March 5th, 2019 22:00

I have an Optiplex 3060 and a currently have my CRT plugged into my onboard Displayport and two other monitors connected to my GTX 1060 6GB (Full size with PCI 6pin rail and two fans)

I'm running Windows 10 x64 and all I did was install the nvidia graphics driver.  Either set of monitors is adjusted by whichever card has the thing connected to, but there is some default setting in the control panel to enable the other monitors.

This is my first modern computer in 10 years, so I'm missing a lot of changes since XP or Vista 32 bit.

April 8th, 2019 07:00

It's a shame that Dell decided to cripple this machine in this way. No access to Quicksync while using a dgpu is very unfortunate for such a nice machine. This is a big plus for team HP in my opinion.

No Events found!