Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2018 15:00

Optiplex 7010 will not turn on

I bought a Dell optiplex 7010 used and it worked great. I then decided to move it to another case for more hardware support and i got the Orange Light of Death. I ruled out RAM, and it turned out to be a shorting issue with the case mounts. After that I got a gaming case and moved it to that. It worked good until i took out the motherboard and replaced it with a asrock 990 FX extreme 3. I was going to get one of the best FX cpus but it got held off. So i decided to put the optiplex mobo back in and when i do nothing works. The Light is amber and will give two flashes, a pause and one more flash. No fans will move what so ever. I have reset bios via coin battery, and my psu is brand new. (i have tested it with others) I just need to know if my mobo has suffered from ESD, and i should just replace it or there is still hope. Here are my full specs:

i3 3220

radeon HD 6970

4gb RAM

EVGA 750 watt

500gb HDD

Optical drive

June 11th, 2018 09:00

yes i did test with  other psus, and i tested it barebones. i was just experimenting and i removed the PSWD jumper and it turned on!!!. Some how i got my jumper mixed up but now it works, thanks anyways. 

June 10th, 2018 15:00

I am desperate. I have been using a core 2 duo with a gt 730 and its killing me

37 Posts

June 11th, 2018 05:00

The flashing LED pattern you gave in the OP points towards a motherboard issue. It could be a shorting issue again. Are you testing in the gaming case or the 7010 case? Do you have the 7010 PSU to test with?

thanks,

No Events found!