Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

May 6th, 2018 18:00

Optiplex 755 MT, lower bezel removal?

How does the lower front bezel (or faceplate) get removed for painting on a 755 mini tower? I don't want to break the tabs. I painted it once, but masking everything and some of the interior was time consuming.

Teardown videos on YouTube don't show lower front grill removal. May be somebody could do a short video? I'm sure the upper faceplate in front of the dvd drives would have to be removed first.

I'm familiar with different model #'s (i.e. 380, 745, 780, some GX's, etc.) having the same chassis.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 9th, 2018 13:00

Dell never intended for that portion of the front bezel be removed by a user which is why it is not listed in the Optiplex 755 MT User's Guide. You will need to disassemble enough of the inner components to see the plastic clips affixing this to the metal chassis. But, I would advice not doing this. Those clips break easily. Finding a replacement will be difficult.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 7th, 2018 05:00

Its exactly the same for a GX620,745,755,760,780.

On Precision Models there is a Metal plate that has to come off First

then the faceplate comes out Second.

The 780 manuals have more color pictures but LESS detail.

On the 755 its called USER Guide but its really the service manual.

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-755_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf

The Optical Drive Removal is where its in the manual.

Dell OptiPlex 780 Service Manual—Desktop Computer PDF

Dell OptiPlex 780 Service Manual--Mini Tower Computer PDF

Dell OptiPlex 780 Service Manual - Small Form Factor Computer PDF

Dell OptiPlex 780 Service Manual--Ultra Small Form Factor Computer PDF

When you remove the Side panel then press DOWN on the blue spring-loaded latch the face plate pops slightly and can be removed.

Found the Specific Video (Not made by me) that shows this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=d4sa540GGKU

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

May 7th, 2018 13:00

Thanks for replying, but I have the Tech. Guide Book for my 755 (mini tower).

I'm familiar with removal of the upper faceplate and top panel. I'm reffering to the lower front panel with the power button, Dell button, and the holes for audio jacks and usb ports.

I searched on Google, YouTube, a tech guide with color pictures and the same chassis, but I couldn't find anything that actually shows that panel being removed. There's others that paint them flat black grills YouTube, but don't show actual removal on a mini tower.

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

May 9th, 2018 14:00

I wondered if that might be the case, Dell not intending the lower front bezel to be removable. Thanks for answering.
No Events found!