Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

July 21st, 2020 11:00

Optiplex 9010 DisplayPort Issue

I have an Optiplex 9010, Windows 10 Pro (build 19041.388), latest BIOS update, 16 GB RAM.  I would like to use the DisplayPort option for my monitor instead of VGA.  I have set the BIOS Video option at Auto.  No signal detected by monitor.  I switched to Intel HD Graphics option.  Same problem.  I get video via VGA, but no video via DisplayPort.  Cables are firmly seated.  I've tried both DisplayPort ports.  No video.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 21st, 2020 13:00

What ports are you using on the monitor? Which version of the 9010--Desktop, Mini Tower, SFF or USFF? Don't forget vga needs vga on the monitor--no converter cables. You cannot connect vga analog to hdmi digital. You are stuck with vga on this 8 yr old model. Even display port must use a display port or vga on monitor. See the manual--

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-9010_user%27s%20guide_en-us.pdf

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 06:00

The Optiplex is a mini-tower.  I would like to connect the DisplayPort to the monitor's HDMI port using a DislayPort-to-HDMI adapter and HDMI cable.

The monitor is not an issue.  When I had a graphics card installed, I could connect to the monitor using HDMI or DVI cables without a problem.

Assuming that we get this resolved, which DisplayPort port on the computer should I use?

1 Message

November 20th, 2020 19:00

Thank you for the download.  I just purchased the OptiPlex 9010 SFF.  Before your download, I was panicking because this PC does not have HDMI.  Before I found your download, I did not know what SFF or Display Port meant.  After I put all this work into be dramatic, I put my head down to cry and read the word "Dell" on my monitor. My monitor is a Dell monitor and I already had a Display Port plug.  Thank you so much for the download, I really thought I just purchased the wrong computer.

No Events found!