Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 21st, 2019 07:00

Orange light blinking after replacing PSU in Optiplex 7010

I just got a new power supply for my Optiplex 7010 from evga and when I plugged everything in, the power light started blinking orange and the computer would not turn on. I put the old power supply back in, and it worked fine. I need to get a new power supply since the old one will not support my new graphics card. 

For reference my 7010 is the desktop form factor and these are the specs

Intel core i5 3570 3.4ghz 

12 gbs of ddr3

Gtx 1050

And the not working power supply is the evga 450w bronze 80plus 

And the working power supply is the 275w that came with the computer

Thank you in advance for the help, just getting started in the computer gaming area and grateful for these forums

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 08:00

@fireberd i bought a new PSU yesterday and realized the connector i was plugging into the 4 pin port was the wrong one. the first power supply i had bought had the 4+4 pin connector, and i was plugging in the wrong 4 pin connector of the two into it. i plugged the other one in and the system booted right up. thank you for the help!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 21st, 2019 09:00

When you installed the new power supply, did you connect both the 24 pin and 4 pin power connectors?   The 4 pin connector is often missed by users.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2019 10:00

@fireberd 

Yes, I plugged in everything, and checked multiple times. I think the problem may just be that the power supply is broken. I'm gonna try a different one and see if it works.  

Thank you for the input!

No Events found!