Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

5 Posts

January 5th, 2019 18:00

Realtek HighDef. Driver update precludes Sound Controller

Upon updating the realtek sound driver i can't seem to trigger the sound controller manager dashboard from opening so that i can set the features for the speakers, etc..  This is common problem that i've seen on other forums only i can't seem to find my straight-up solution.   I have SFF desktop Optiplex 980 PC w/SDD and operate Win. 7 64 bit. Any helpful suggestions/recommends would be appreciated. I may need to somehow get the Realtek driver updated from Dell (here)?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 5th, 2019 20:00

You have to uninstall any generic driver and use the SPECIFIC OEM driver for that model.

https://downloads.dell.com/audio/DRVR_WIN_R252390.EXE

Description
Realtek ALC269 High Definition Audio Driver
This package provides the Realtek ALC269 High Definition Audio Driver and is supported on OptiPlex 380/980 that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Vista and Windows 7.More details

5 Posts

January 6th, 2019 20:00

Thanks for this information.

I downloaded the two links that i then opened to 'run' and apparently there was a snag because it ended prematurely and the typical microsoft msg. indicated when a solution is found, it will be reported or some language like that.

So, i believe i did it correctly by downloading the 2 links (is that right)? And when i tried to-on a second try, it indicated that the extracted files were there did i want to re-write. Well, at that point i gathered it wasn't happening because maybe there's duplicative realtek drivers on there already and that's more of a non-maybe, i'm sure as many times i tried this from a trusted forum's site to get the download initially to get (of course) what's deemed the latest drivers, well, and then the rest of it's having tried to get them installed correctly probably was when there came  from another forum's suggestion, the manufactuer's driver is what's needed. And so that's where I'm at now...and I appreciate the information.

So, at this point, should i go in and remove or haull-out the old drivers of Realek altogether including folders and such, because talk about a task-i mean just to upgrade the sounds, hm  it's made me make some sounds, I'll tell ya. :)

Thanks a lot again and look forward to maybe your reply (?)

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2019 15:00

You unistall any drivers.

You restart

You run the dell drivers AS ADMINISTRATOR.

No Events found!