Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2020 10:00

Want to get iDrac abilities on an Optiplex 9020

I was told by support that iDrac is only for servers.  So I've been looking around, but can't seem to find, a device I could use on my Optiplex that would allow me to: power on the machine if it's off, hard/soft restart the machine, see the video output and have the ability to interact with POST or anything pre-OS loading, and finally being able to log into and control the machine.  

With servers, its as simple as getting the iDrac Enterprise, and it works beautifully.  Is there no option whatsoever for me to be able to do this with an Optiplex?  

Or might there be third party cards or other devices that would allow me to perform the same functions?  The PC is very important to have up, and be able to access at all times.  Yet what is on it is so simple that we certainly didn't need a server to perform its function.  Thank you in advance for any advice.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 26th, 2020 07:00

9020 does not have and will never have the proprietary connections for DRAC.

This is not a feature and never will be. Dell Remote Access Controller or DRAC is an out-of-band management platform on  Dell servers. The platform can be on proprietary expansion card, or integrated into the motherboard of the server.

Intel AMT /vPro is a management platform built into Intel processors /hardware that allows you to manage their desktops and laptops out-of-band (OOB).  Some models have Intel AMT SOL control.

Intel(R) Active Management Technology

This is an option however and is not available in all countries.

Current bios and Drivers may also be required.

Dell is aware of the industry-wide vulnerability described in the Intel Security Center advisory INTEL-SA-00075 that can affect Dell business PCs that support system manageability via Intel Active Management Technology (AMT), Intel Small Business Technology (SBT), or Intel Standard Manageability (ISM).

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

February 25th, 2020 12:00

WELL IT IS NOT A SERVER, AND THAT feature is deeply imbedded in to the server, like my R710  has

the answer is simple 2 ways. (I use ANYDESK(tm) to get in to any thing remote (free)

1: wake on LAN,  google that...

2: turn on in bios , auto turn  on by clock.  calendar.

3: not what you want I guess but set bios to, IF POWER Fails turn back on , seen in BIOS. settings, F2.

I can not speak for every bios version there is, up to 20 more mover. each PC,  wild NO? but facts.... lots of versions...

also some of the  features we love  are now rumored to be (IN SECURE) so...... look first and see what you have in YOUR BIOS<  line buy line look for POWER SETTINGS  and read that. first.

my 790MT

F2 (newestversion) (power on hammer f2 key)

my BIOS >>>>>power management (has both   ,

if power lost turn b back on and  the power scheduled by calendar,  when to turn on,,,

there you go,  look and tell me what you see, ihave more dells to try but you tell first.  have 3020 and T3610,

July 31st, 2020 06:00

I understand his wish to have something hardware based on the PC as IDRACK, we use some LogMeIn, and some other platforms along, as well as wake on LAN function. But this is just wake on LAN sometimes you need to make a hard, cold reboot as remote apps got glitched and even remote CMD cannot be used. So at his moment you just dream about having low hardware management separate from OS.

August 1st, 2020 10:00

most CPU's vPRO supported are 10th generation and I believe that Intel Active Management Technology (software) prices goes to the moon so it will be available just for enterprise not not to small or medium business

No Events found!