Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2014 10:00

Database Conncetion Failed

Hin everybody

I've installed a NMO50 on Solaris 10 with Oracle 10, when I tried to configure the Oracle DB I got this menssage

"Database Connection failed for LISTENER:ORA 12514: TNS Could not resolve the connect indetifier especified"

LSITENER is the listener which the Oracle Admin use to connect with the oracle services, and when he test the conncetior from a remote host the conncetion is succesful

I'd like you to help with this error I can't run a Oracle DB backups

Thanks in advance

256 Posts

April 15th, 2014 06:00

Romero:

The two files to check are tnsnames.ora and listener.ora. On the version of Oracle you are running, these are likely in Oracle home.

You can also use the tnsping utility from Oracle, which is included in the standard distribution.

Fundamentally, there are two causes for your issue:

• The client side service is not configured correctly (say, a wrong IP address). That would be tnsnames.ora.
  • The server side listener is not configured to listen for the correct service on the correct port. That would be listener.ora.

Assuming, of course, that your database is up and running, which you can confirm by logging in as sys on the local box. I assume you have already done that.

Regards,

OracleHeretic

8 Posts

April 15th, 2014 09:00

Hi everybody at oracle

I've done tnsping to the listener given but can not resolve the  name, when I did tnsname to SISEP I had god response, but when I set this Service Name on the Oracles configuration wizard I got a message that says "the user name or password aren´t corrects ORA 01017"

Here's the Listener Configuration that we have on the listener.ora

*****************************************************************************************************************************

LISTENER =

(DESCRIPTION_LIST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hbdqpff01)(PORT = 1521))

)

)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =

(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(GLOBAL_DBNAME = SISEP)

(ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/ora11g/11.2.0.4/db)

(SID_NAME = qpff)

)

)

LOGGING_LISTENER = OFF

ADR_BASE_LISTENER = /oracle/ora11g

TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Here's the tnsnames.ora configuration

*********************************************************************************************************************************

SISEP =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hbdqpff01)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(SERVICE_NAME = SISEP)

)

************************************************************************************************************************************

Could you help to review it and tell me if there is something wrong?

So I've tried to use differents usernames to the configuration but anything works, I've tried with sys, sysadm and others but any of these are corrects

Thaks for your help

All the Bests

Eric Romero

256 Posts

April 15th, 2014 13:00

Romero:

That's a different error. What did tnsping produce?

Regards,

OracleHeretic

No Events found!