Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 26th, 2011 10:00

Oracle Gridcontrol Plugin for VNX

Can anyone tell me if/when EMC plans to come out with a Grid Control plug-in for VNX? 

Thanks,

Geoff

98 Posts

September 29th, 2011 02:00

Geoff!

Have we ever written plug ins for Grid Control?  All the ones I can find for storage arrays were released by Oracle themselves.

Rob

98 Posts

September 29th, 2011 02:00

You know...  It's possible that the Clariion one that Oracle has released may still work.  Based upon the written requirements of the plugin it requires Flare 6.24 or higher.  Has anyone tried it with Flare 6.30+?

1 Rookie

• 

299 Posts

May 15th, 2013 05:00

Is there any update here ?

109 Posts

May 15th, 2013 06:00

We always like to give our Oracle community members some insights into what EMC is doing with Oracle. The first of the Oracle OEM plug-ins will be for the VMAX. Following shortly after will be the VNX OEM 12c plug-in. Our goal is to enable the DBA to have insight into EMC storage (capacity, configuration and performance) using Oracle Enterprise Manager. I believe this will be exciting as DBAs will be able to do their own analysis as it relates to correlating what is in AWR reports and what is reported in OEM about the EMC storage array. Being able to monitor and analyze storage will bridge the database and storage layers together for a better holistic view.

Now for the big disclaimer (but keep reading):

• EMC makes no representation and undertakes no obligations with regard to product planning information, anticipated product characteristics, performance specifications, or anticipated release dates (collectively, “Roadmap Information”)
  • Roadmap Information is provided by EMC as an accommodation to the recipient solely for purposes of discussion and without intending to be bound thereby.
  • Roadmap information is EMC Restricted Confidential and is provided under the terms, conditions and restrictions defined in the EMC Non-Disclosure Agreement in place with your organization.

I believe this will be a big year for EMC OEM announcements and I look forward to giving more information as it becomes available.

No Events found!