Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2016 05:00

Script to Enable EPR feature

Hi,

I would like to automate the "Enable EPR" feature in OMPC.

We can fire a scheduled task when our UPS's switch to battery power (in OME) and it would be great for it to run a script to enable EPR on all the servers in the rack affected as this would double the runtime on batteries.

I have looked at the OMPC_CLI.exe command line program but it doesn't seem to have this as an option.

Is there any way this can be accomplished?

Thanks

James

March 17th, 2016 09:00

Hi James - 

This is a great requirement as currently we do not ave the capability to batch or schedule an ERP.  

Looking at a future possibility - I understand you want a policy to automate this action, however, if you receive the alert of the UPS conversion via email and can then activate ERP via mobile or remote login - is that a possibility?   We currently do not have this function either, but it may be a different approach that we can also look into.

Since ERP works at a group level, you may choose to group all servers in a rack to a group, all racks to a row, all rows to a room, etc.   Then if you switch to UPS you can login to OMPC and quickly set the specific group to ERP.   I realize this is a bit tiresome to setup and you still manually activate the ERP.   

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Lori Matthews (Product Manager for OMPC)

3 Posts

March 21st, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We already use Dell OME software to send a text message/email to us, and we will extend it by triggering a scheduled task (Depending on which UPS sends the 'On Battery Power' SNMP message)

From there we are looking into using web automation software (Maybe Selenium?) to do the clicks in OMPC for us, I hope you can add this to your software soon!

Thank you for the reply!

James

No Events found!