Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2017 18:00

Dell R730 - UEFI0016 Error Message for Intel XL710-QDA2 Network Adapter

Hi,

I just installed an Intel XL710-QDA2 40G network adapter into an Dell PowerEdge R730 and upon boot-up I received the following "UEFI0116" error message (Boot Manager stated same error message):

To resolve this issue, I downloaded the latest Dell firmware driver for the Intel XL710 network adapter:

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

Network_Firmware_539P6_WN64_18.0.17_A00.EXE

I used iDRAC to upload the firmware but iDRAC also returned an error stating that the "The Update Package is not supported for this system (SUP0527)". The network adapter is an Intel NIC and not a Dell/Intel NIC.

Any ideas? Recommend another firmware version? Non-Dell/Intel NICs are not supported?

Thanks

• 

8.7K Posts

March 13th, 2018 15:00

Thank you for contacting us. Can you private message your service tag so we can get some additional information?  Non-Dell/Intel NICs are not supported by the firmware packages downloaded from dell.com.

1 Message

December 20th, 2020 03:00

Was there a resolution to this?  I have the same scenario with the same messages.  R730, with Intel(r) Ethernet controller x710 for 10gbe.

I've tried numerous approaches to update the firmware, and all have failed thus far.

I'm running VMware ESXi 6.7 on these servers if that's relevant.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

December 20th, 2020 05:00

You can try latest FW from below link

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=yp4r0&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r730 

Can  you share the current iDRAC, BIOS and NIC FW you have on the server. Also let me know what error message are you getting while trying to update NIC.

Did you tried iDRAC to update NIC firmware. Steps are available in below link

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-in/000134013/dell-poweredge-update-the-firmware-of-single-system-components-remotely-using-the-idrac 

No Events found!