Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 13th, 2018 11:00

PowerEdge R310 iDRAC6 Express No Video

Hello,

I am a newbie with iDRAC and hoping this might be something really basic and the issue.

I have a R310 that has no OS on it right now. There is no video output at all thru either VGA connector - during boot there is no splash or POST, nothing. Everything spins up OK and I can get into iDRAC6 (Express v1.97), so the server seems OK.

Is iDRAC somehow "blocking" the onboard VGA and using it for it's console? If so, how can I get the onboard video enabled so I can see output on a connected monitor? Get to the BIOS, boot from a CD or USB, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 

6.2K Posts

February 13th, 2018 14:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 14th, 2018 16:00

Thank you for the service tag.

If you have access to the iDRAC you can check the status of system components. You can also review the hardware log. If there are issues with POST the system should also create an error on the LCD. If you are not getting any errors then the system may be having a video output issue. Test both the front and rear VGA ports and try with another monitor and cable if possible.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/sln111201/

Thanks

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2018 09:00

Thanks for your replies.

I ended up resetting the iDrac config to factory defaults, it all came back. I am not sure what got messed up in the config, but that resolved the issue.

Thanks again!

No Events found!