Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 28th, 2003 05:00

"Normal" operating temperatures (Ambient, CPU) for older PowerEdge 1300?

I am running an older PowerEdge 1300 with dual 500MHz P3's.  I was curious to know recommended maximum temperatures for the Ambient and CPU probes.

Can anyone offer some "Warning Threshold" and "Failure Threshold" values for the OpenManage Server Administration utility?

Thanks,
Leo

2.5K Posts

November 28th, 2003 16:00

Hi Leo,

The Failure Threshhold is not adjustable in the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator. The default Warning Threshold is the recommended temperature, but you can adjust it as needed for your environment.

9 Posts

November 28th, 2003 17:00

Thanks Mark,

Let me just make sure these values are supposed to be default (they seem kind of high to me):

Ambient Warning Max: 71.4 C
CPU Warning Max: 85.6 C
Hard Drive Warning Max: 52.4 C

Do those look right?

Thanks,
Leo

Message Edited by leobag on 11-28-2003 01:39 PM

2.5K Posts

November 29th, 2003 16:00

Hi Leo,

I do not have access to our lab today, but I will check into this further Monday. Just guessing, I do think the temperatures are too high, also they do not look "normal" as they are too specific.

Actually, I would recommend uninstalling the Server Administrator, and then installing the latest version applicable on the PowerEdge 1300. This should return all of the warning values to the default:

Dell OpenManage Server Administrator, 2000, 2003, v.1.4, A03
FileName:  om34_win_managed_system_A03.exe [137 MB]
Release Date:  6/2/2003

Server Administrator Documentation:

9 Posts

November 29th, 2003 18:00

Thanks Mark,

Actually, that is the one I installed.  We reformatted/reinstalled Win Server on this machine... so most everything is the latest.

Please let me know if you find out more information on those default warning values.

On another note, I always receive a Secure Certificate error/notice when using the web-based OpenManage tool.  Is there anyway to get rid of that?

Thanks,
Leo

12 Posts

November 30th, 2003 18:00

You can disable it but it is a security risk. What this is telling you is that you are switching to SSL but the security certificate issuer is not a trusted party. Trusted parts are those added to IE menu > Tools > Internet Options > Content tab. The security certificate issuer is actually your own server and it connects to the local IP over HTTPS (SSL) protocol if you notice on the IE Address bar. IE is just warning you that it does not recognize that site (i.e. your local IP) as a trusted site which is normal.

No Events found!