Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

9 Posts

January 31st, 2023 05:00

DELL R750 Mono CPU configuration & GFX card

Hi,

Firstly, It's really hard to find the different configurations available with 1 CPU for R750 through the website. If somebody knows how or where I can find all the configuration available, It will be great.

Secondly, I want to use a GFX card (T400 for example), which can be usually used with one CPU with most of the servers, but the DELL technical service had explained me that a dula CPU was required to use a GFX/PCU card (?). This is surprising, does somebody know why or have an another advise ?

Thanks a lot

Cedric

• 

8.8K Posts

January 31st, 2023 12:00

CedricClavel,

The supported configurations can be found on page 220 here. Now regarding the card, I am not sure that one is supported, but if you provide a specific part number I can verify it for you.

Let me know.

February 6th, 2023 06:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the answer.
I 've found the supported configurations (p127) but it's only about the expansion card riser configurations.
I'm looking for the supported chassis configuration (12x3.5'', 8x2.5'' ..., backplane, rear storage, etc.), because the website is uneasy to find the mix available for 1 CPU.

For the T400, here is the part number : Dell Part 490-BIBT.

Thank you in advance

Cedric

• 

8.8K Posts

February 6th, 2023 07:00

Cedric, 

The part you are looking for isn't supported on the R750, as it looks to be more geared towards workstations.
Sorry, I was referring to page 120 on, I had mistyped the page number. 
Now is it you are trying to order a server and the sales configuration tool isn't allowing you to proceed with the options you are trying?

February 6th, 2023 08:00

Hello Chris,

the sales configuration tool needs to select several options (chassis, rear storage, GPU enablement, backplane) to know if it's possible or not in 1 CPU version, and you have to test each potential mix of options to know if it's possible or not : quite complex and need a long time and a good memory (without being sure that all the possibilities are known).
For the T400, I don't understand why it would be not supported (we already use it in Supermicro server for years, because this is more than enough for our purposes), is it a hardware limitation?

Best regards,
Cedric

• 

8.8K Posts

February 6th, 2023 08:00

Cedric,

You may want to try calling into sales, as we don't have (other than the guide) a matrix of everything supported per cpu. We are suppport based, but sales may have a tool to utilize. 

As far as the card I can only tell you that the part number only lists multiple precision workstations, no enterprise equipment. 

3 Apprentice

• 

457 Posts

March 13th, 2023 08:00

Hello my friend,

The Card you are looking for isn't supported on R750.

No Events found!