Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2011 17:00

Dell 2850 with a LSI LOgic PCI-X Ultra320 SCSI Card

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Dell 2850 and trying to find out how to setup RAID1 or 5 on the server (preferably 5).  When I go into the LSI Logic MPT SCSI Setup Utility it doesn't look like there is any option to configure the RAID on this system.

Am I missing something?

Sincerely

Paul

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 9th, 2011 20:00

You have to to into the CTRL-M utility for the PERC 4e/Di RAID controller.  If you don't have a CTRL-M, boot to the BIOS Setup (F2), Integrated Devices, and make sure Embedded RAID is set to RAID Enabled.  If you don't have the option turn on RAID, then you need to make sure you have the necessary RAID components:  RAID key (small 1" PCB in a short/blue memory slot on the motherboard), RAID memory (on the riser board - top/middle), and RAID battery (battery visible on side of riser by the chassis wall).  If you don't have the RAID components, hardware RAID is impossible.  You could purchase a RAID/ROMB kit or use software RAID (OS).

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

1 Message

October 31st, 2016 18:00

Need to go into the BIOS and change the Integrated Device settings to RAID for the controller. This will give you the CTRL-M menu during boot.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

November 1st, 2016 09:00

Five years later, you post just to echo the last suggestion?!

No Events found!