Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2019 14:00

Dell NU209 replacement steps - HOW TO REPLACE

Dell PowerEdge T410.

Perc 6/i RAID battery (NU209) died.

Can't seem to find any info on the STEPS to replace. It does come with a manual, but all it says is the typical bureaucratic BS "NEVER THROW THE BATTERY PACK INTO FIRE" <-- Yes, it actually says that on the very first part in the "MANUAL". NOWHERE does it actually say how to install or replace, and I'm not about to assume ANYTHING. Will I loose my RAID config? Will I only loose what hasn't been written to disk? Knowing these things are important! Sure, I could just turn off the server, leave it plugged in, and replace the battery and that would be fine and dandy -- and who knows, maybe those are the exact instructions that I can see how it'd cost too much money to print that one-liner on the "MANUAL". The problem is, I cannot find anything online to settle my nerves. I call Dell and get the typical ROBOT replies, and am directed here. I ask "so you don't have any documentation on how to replace the Dell NU209, Dell?". They provide a ROBOT response to which I hang up, go create yet another fake & temporary email account just to ask this one question.

Does anyone know the correct process of replacing the Dell NU209? Dell doesn't.

Thanks and I hope I was able to give at least one person a chuckle,

• 

8.4K Posts

January 29th, 2019 05:00

ThisDellEmailWillSelfDistructInOneMonth,

The steps are outlined on page 119 in the T410 manual found here. You were close with the steps you listed, but you would actually need to remove the power cables after powering down. Once the battery is installed you just plug in and power on. Hope this helps.

January 29th, 2019 09:00

Many thanks for your genuine support. It's too bad Dell isn't as nice as you. Done boasting them, that's for sure. Not like HP or anyone else is any better though. I think this little e p i s o d e will be my catalyst to leave the computer field entirely. #VANLIFE !!!! And for icing on the cake....   is this error I see simply because I have the word e p i so de in my response!? Okaaaaaaaay R2D2.....

WTFFFFFFFFFF.png

• 

8.4K Posts

January 31st, 2019 05:00

Happy to help you with it. Sorry about the site issue, I haven't seen nor know why it would flag the word Episode. Unless it is in a spam filter to keep people from posting tv based things in the forum, despite episode having more meanings than that. 

Well if you don't end up leaving the technological world for the vanlife, please remember that we are here if you do have future questions or concerns you need answered. 

No Events found!