Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

4 Posts

October 28th, 2019 17:00

How do I expand a Raid 6- R720

Hello,

I am not sure how to expand Raid 6 for my R720 server (with raid controller PERC H710P Mini ) I can't do it via IdRAC and I don't how to install OMSA. Where am I supposed install that? I have Vmware Vsphere EXSi 6.5 Update 3 installed on the server. Thanks for any help

October 29th, 2019 04:00

Hi,

I am assuming below requirements are met in your server to perform capacity expansion:

• Created RAID disk might have left with free capacity, in this case size can be expanded to maximum available free size.
  • There are free disks available and connected to H710P controller. Which are of same Protocol (SAS/SATA), sector(512e/4k) as per the configured disks for RAID6 and size of these drives are of same or larger capacity than lowest drive used for RAID6 creation.

In order to perform capacity expansion, Pre boot interfaces such as CTRL_R or UEFI of H710P can be used by providing free capacity drives or expanding to remaining free capacity without adding any new disks.

In order to perform capacity expansion in OS environment, tools such as OM can be used for expansion. Please refer below link for OM installation in ESXi host.

No Events found!