Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 24th, 2020 07:00

Maximum number of virtual groups on the R610

I'm trying to add a new disk group to my R610 server already in production.
However I am facing a problem, when I do that I can't boot the system already in production (VMWare).
Returning to normal only when I remove the new group.

2.9K Posts

April 28th, 2020 07:00

I've linked to the manual for the PERC. The option you want is "Select Bootable VD." Page 108 should be useful.

https://dell.to/2yNpwUihttps://dell.to/2VHD0tE

2.9K Posts

April 24th, 2020 12:00

For clarification, are you saying that you are trying to create an additional RAID container and the server stops booting after, or are you describing a different issue?

If what I said is right, can you describe what process you're following to create the volume?

April 25th, 2020 09:00

This is exactly my problem!

There is already a RAID created, but there is no more space on the disk, so I followed the standard steps to create a new volume

I enter RAID management mode
I create a new volume with the same RAID (1)
RAID management saved and closed
But after the new boot, my system does not start anymore
(returning to normal only when I delete the new volume)

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

April 26th, 2020 12:00

It sounds like the boot order changed when adding another Virtual Disk(RAID) within the PERC. So go into BIOS and tell the system from which Virtual DISK you wanna start.

Regards,
Joerg

April 26th, 2020 19:00

Hello

As can be seen in the image, I also tried this.
However, in the hard drive option, there appears to be only one RAID available for boot.
Is there any way around this or changing the attack in which the boot will take place?addr.PNGdrive.PNGboot.PNG

2.9K Posts

April 27th, 2020 14:00

The bootable virtual disk is set in the PERC menu. If you do it in the control + R PERC menu, it should be under the Controller Properties menu.

April 28th, 2020 07:00

Hello

I did not find this function in the PERC menu.
Where can I find it?

Thank you very much in advance

April 28th, 2020 20:00

Problem solved
Thank you all

No Events found!