Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2011 14:00

PE1950 E1810 HDD Fault

Hi All,

I have what I think is an odd situation.  I am seeing messages on the LCD that say E1810 Fault HDD 0 and E1810 Fault HDD 1 at the same time.  However, the machine appears to be operating normally.  Speed of Hard drives seem to be within normal tolerances etc.  I currently don't have the Dell Open Manage installed, and I'm curious if installing it is going to cause other problems.  I've downloaded a version of 6.1 or something in that range.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 14th, 2011 17:00

Version 6.0 should be ok, as long as you are not running Server 2000 or Server 2008 R2.  It should not cause any issues ... in all my years, I've only seen it cause a problem twice, and that was because of other badly written software.  Every Dell server should have it installed - it is also the only way to really troubleshoot your system with any accuracy (unless you run DSET, but DSET is often incomplete without OMSA installed).  If running Server 2000, you'll need version 5.5 and SP4 installed.  If running Server 2003, you'll need SP2.

It is possible for two drives to be failed and your system still accessible without a noticeable performance hit ... if you are running a RAID 10.

Once OMSA is installed, then check the status of the drives and array(s) to see if they show offline in OMSA.  It is possible that the message is simply "still" there, in which case, clearing the Hardware logs will get rid of it.  Do this under System, Logs tab (you may want to Export it first if there are relevant errors/warnings there.

No Events found!