Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 31st, 2015 07:00

PE1950 PERC5/i Not Allow Reflashing nor Updating Firmware

Good Morning Dell Community, I kindly ask your help or advice regarding this issue.

1) After I tried to update the firmware of the PERC 5/i unsuccesful the first time, the server dont recognize the PERC RAID anymore. It says that the adapter needs to be reflashed

2) I try to reflash/update the firmware with those hard disk versions: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=2RPK0

but in both cases, the wizard hanged in seaching the adapters (in my case, all last night):

3) I also tried the SAS-RAID_Firmware_WJG5R_LN32_5.2.2-0072_A08.BIN as were suggested in the post: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/906/t/19666232  without success. I will try in a Centos LIve Image (as is the nearest to RH)

I dont know if it is made the PERC unusable, ¿Is there anything that can be done or should I buy another?

Regards.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 31st, 2015 08:00

There may be a way to force flash it, even if it is not recognized, but I'm not sure what the command would be.

Why were you updating the firmware? I'm not saying you shouldn't, because you should be proactively updating system firmware on servers anyway, but if you were trying to update it to address a specific issue, then depending on the issue, that can be dangerous for the card. You should also update the BIOS and ESM/BMC before updating the PERC.

Probably want to get a new controller on its way.

30 Posts

December 31st, 2015 08:00

Hello:

Why were you updating the firmware?

Because the issue that I had with the 1TB HDD that the PERC not init anymore.

You should also update the BIOS and ESM/BMC before updating the PERC.

The BIOS is version 2.7.0 and BMC is 2.37, it says that the BMC firmware is up to date.

There may be a way to force flash it, even if it is not recognized, but I'm not sure what the command would be.

I rode that is /f, let me try

Probably want to get a new controller on its way.

I will search in ebay.

Regards.

No Events found!