Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JP

October 14th, 2003 10:00

PERC 320 looses RAID-0 with NO harddisc failure

Well, here I put a LOT of money in buying a expensive powerfull CADmachine and PERC320 looses the RAID-0 with no error on the discs >:(
The machine is a Dell Precision workstation 650 with PERC 320, RAID 0, Stripe, 64Mb cache for 2 harddrives. The discs we are using is two Seagate SCSI 36Gb 15000rpm

Check in PERC 320 conf. we find no SCSI disc error

I mean, when you put as much money on a computer(and time in installation all the programs) then you can atleast IT WILL WORK for more than three weeks.(This is actually the most worst case there is, since now all programs been installed by licensed software personal from correct software companies(which costs also a lot of money) and the workstation user have begun drawing)

I want an explanation whats wrong and a statement THAT THIS will not accur again(It sounds like a hardware failure to me, and not a software failure or disc crash)

A very upset
Jerker Pihl

October 14th, 2003 15:00

Well, you're not along. The service from Dell get worse and worse:-(

June 10th, 2004 20:00

Did you ever get an answer on this?

I am having the same problem with my PERC 320/DC on my 650 workstation - when I use the config utility in update mode I am unable to see the Array#0, however, when I select the REJECT option and enter read-only mode all Array#0 details are visible...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
January
No Events found!