Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2016 17:00

PowerEdge 2900 Perc 6/i Internal Raid Controller

Ok, so I am using a Dell PowerEdge 2900 server with a PERC 6/i Integrated RAID Controller

I configured the RAID Array just fine, installed Windows 2008 R2 and works fine and dandy

The only problem that I'm having is that, during Server boot (Post), I'm getting a message about the SAS B cable not being plugged in or misconfigured.  The backplane on my server, which goes to the internal drives, only has one port where I can plug in a cable from the Perc 6/i.  Where is the 2nd cable supposed to go?  I can't see to find the second port. 

Thank you,

• 

6.2K Posts

May 8th, 2016 17:00

Hello

I'm getting a message about the SAS B cable not being plugged in or misconfigured.  The backplane on my server, which goes to the internal drives, only has one port where I can plug in a cable from the Perc 6/i.  Where is the 2nd cable supposed to go?  I can't see to find the second port. 

Connector 0 on the PERC goes to backplane. Connector 1 on the PERC connects to the flexbay. If you do not have the optional flexbay then make sure that you are using connector 0 on the PERC and not connector 1.

Thanks

No Events found!